Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Nova AWB

Did you move the wheel base yourself or did the kit come like that? If you did it yourself, bravo on you, can't even tell where the original wheel wells were! Really cool car..

Thanks,but the kit already came with the shortened wheelbase.I don t know if I could do it,maybe I should try!

Great job on that front axle. The tube axle that comes with the "Street Freaks" kits has always been their downfall, literally they broke either right at the spindle or just outside of the springs. It also didn't look like the axles that were being put under the front end of the AWB Race Cars or the ones that found their way onto the streets. Great job on the rest of your model too!

I have the "Funny Farmer" Pontiac version, I was thinking of doing exactly what you did with your straight axle. You just made up my mind for me. I'm also replacing the undersized Big Block Chevy engine with a Pontiac 421, should make a little more believable Pontiac.

• 2 weeks later...