Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slingster Dragster

Steve_L

These are pictures of my Slingster Dragster project. When it was released, the Monogram Slingster Dragster was well received. When I bought my kit, I was pleased with the many build options available. Of course, I decided to "do my own thing" and build it as a show car, similar to what might be seen at World of Wheels shows. I chose the supercharged Chrysler engine and the streamliner body configuration.

I partially assembled the kit and sent it off to ChromeTech USA to add some bling. They chromed the chassis, engine and accessories, drive train and the wheels. For a smoother appearance, I glued the three bottom body panels together and smoothed the seams. I decided to leave the top body panels loose for display purposes. I added detail with a distributor, ignition wires and coil. I also added a fuel system, photo etch accelerator pedal linkage and a tachometer on the steering column. I painted it with Duplicolor paints (primer, Ford Sonic Blue color and clear.) It was a fun project with a well designed kit.

Enjoy!

IMG_5943-vi.jpg

IMG_5950-vi.jpg

IMG_5952-vi.jpg

IMG_5954-vi.jpg

IMG_5956-vi.jpg

IMG_5958-vi.jpg

IMG_5961-vi.jpg

It continues to delight me how inventive builders are in approaching this kit in such completely different ways. This is essentially an out-of-the-box build but with superbly crisp detailing and the whole-chassis chroming approach. It looks like a show-piece Monogram would/should have done for trade display. Exceptional and a feast for the eyes! Big thumbzup! super.gif