Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why are original Blue Beetle's selling for big $'s ?

see now, again, the word "bandito" is probably not trademarked (I believe that would be the proper term) because it is merely a word and a Spanish language word at that and would not be eligible for any trademark protection. what MIGHT be trademarked could be "Frito Bandito", any other unique and distinct (my words) phrases or attribute descriptions, and any images associated with their name and brand like a cartoon of the Frito Bandito or other advertising content.

jb

You can trademark bandit if it's written a certain way or presented as the name of a certain product, with the artwork/logo. You cannot copyright the word, but you can trademark it in the configuration it's used on the product.

Copright-words/text by themselves. Such as original product or business names

Trademark-logos or words as they appear in logos or artwork.

So the word apple cannot be copyrighted, but the apple trademark can be protected. Apple regularly sues other companies with anything resembling and apple in their name or logo around the world

which was stolen from the beatles and subsequently at some point apple (the computer company) handed over a grip of cash to yoko and company (more likely Michael Jackson at that point).

>You can trademark bandit if it's written a certain way

that is then a logo or artwork, not the word.

jb

Edited by jbwelda

Chrysler sold those Lebaron 2 door coupes and convertibles in Mexico as the Chrysler Phantom. I'll bet there was some trademark issue that wouldn't all that same name here in the US.

Not really, most car makers use different names to fit the market or language. A Nissan Sentra here is a Tsuru in Mexico, And the same goes for the Ford F-150, its called the Lobo down there.

man I got to say, besides the promised releases from Mobieus, this blue whateveryoucallit is pretty much #1 on my must get list. a really kool kit and the scuba stuff is super kool to see back again. even the box art is very appealing (as it was the first times around).

jb