Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

ok, just curious, how many go on the net to find some way obscure song that you think nobody will get? I have. not too often, but it amazes me that the few I did do that with, the only one that was not identified was "tiny bubbles" by Don Ho. I thought someone would have gotten that one.

and what pisses me off is when you read some lyrics, you can't make hide nor hair of it, and then someone gets it, and you knew it all along.... boy that gets me mad! I feel stupid.

Al, I come up with some of my all-time favorite songs, and no one seems to guess, so maybe I'm just too obscure when it comes to music. I've posted at least 4 songs that haven't been guessed yet, only one would I consider obscure...maybe I am really that weird! :lol:

Here's the ones I posted that were never guessed, the first one is the most obscure, so I know why no one got it....

Now one from me...

It was back in the summer of '83
There's a reason I remember it well

Ace Frehley - Rock Soldiers The best song he has done since leaving KISS! Go find it on YouTube...NOW!!!!!

And just to see who's paying attention, a slight change-up on the last one!

Tonight's the night we'll make history

As sure as dogs can fly

Styx - Rockin' the Paradise

Edited by Custom Mike

Never guessed, and if you like Billy Idol's stuff at all, you need to go find this album (Devil's Playground), it's his best stuff since Rebel Yell IMHO!!!

Anyone got a guess? The artist was pretty big in the mid 80's....and this is from (IMHO) his best album ever, released in 2005!

I'll throw in another couple of verses to help out...

Creeping shadows cross the walls
What are they trying to say?
Lucy Love died in this place
I've come to take you away
Turn the spirit when you sleep
And leave an empty space
I'm the demon of destruction
The gods have now been swayed
The gods have now been swayed

Ain't no use singing the blues
Ain't no one finding no clues
And you can't walk away
No stopping, no escape

Billy Idol - Body Snatcher

Here she comes, full blast and top down.

Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue.

Model citizen zero discipline

That's Van Halen. Panama?

So she tells him she must go out for the evening

To comfort an old friend who's feelin' down

But he knows where she's goin' as she's leavin'

Lyin' Eyes. Eagles, I think.

Al, I come up with some of my all-time favorite songs, and no one seems to guess, so maybe I'm just too obscure when it comes to music. I've posted at least 4 songs that haven't been guessed yet, only one would I consider obscure...maybe I am really that weird! :lol:

I've posted about a dozen songs no one has gotten, most of them are from fairly major bands' earlier releases or the B sides of popular 45s

I've posted about a dozen songs no one has gotten, most of them are from fairly major bands' earlier releases or the B sides of popular 45s

I'm trying to go in the opposite direction Mike, I want to post something I think everyone has heard, but I still end up being too obscure!