Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Tune....

JollySipper

ROCK ON!!!!!

here is a band that was at the top of the charts in the mid 70'0 and 80's and I have not seen too many of their songs posted. so here is one of my favorites....

Some people say I'm no good

laying in my bed all day

but when the night times comes I'm ready to rock

and roll my troubles away

I don't care if the sun don't shine

I know I'm gonna see it trough

I don't care what nobody says

I'm tell you what I'm gonna do

Bad Company - Live for the music. Good one Al

I've been too busy to drop in here too often, so this is waaaaaaay late... but Donovan's "Catch the Wind" is an awesome song. B)

Indeed it is. I'm amazed it isn't heard more often.

I have a vague recollection of it being used in a commercial some years ago, which reminded me of it.

Indeed it is. I'm amazed it isn't heard more often.

I have a vague recollection of it being used in a commercial some years ago, which reminded me of it.

Snake, I'd forgotten 'bout the Commercial. Just looked it up and once the first notes had played I started laughing:

Thanks for the recall! n Harry it is an Amazing Song and Snake, it's suprising it isn't played more often on the Oldies Stations.

The man has got to be insane

They say the spell that he was under the lightning and the

thunder knew that someone had to stop the rain

Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun

My back's against the wall

I need you by my side

To tell me it's alright,

'Cos I don't think I can take anymore

Whitesnake - Is This Love

Angel eyes, you have angel eyes, such a smile that lights up my life

You're a dream come true, now I'm holding you

Steelheart - I'll Never Let You Go

True Story: I met Mike Matijevic (The lead singer for Steelheart) when I worked at WKZQ, we interviewed him when they played in Myrtle Beach, SC. I asked him about the long note at the end of the song, and if it was a studio trick or not. He proceeded to stand up, spread his legs about shoulder width, and threw his head back and held that same note for a good five seconds longer than the one in the song. Simply freakin' incredible singer, and one heck of a nice guy!

Edited by Custom Mike

Here's one, just for Tubbs, I'll get a bit more obscure, but not too far out there....it's from the early '90's....

​I've got a body built for sin and an appetite for passion

Yeah I can see the road to ruin and I'm looking for some action

I've got my finger on the trigger and a match to the fuse

I'll make someone an offer that's to big to refuse

Tired of tryin' to be

What I'll never be

Baby you could never see that

Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun

Whitesnake - Is This Love

Steelheart - I'll Never Let You Go

True Story: I met Mike Matijevic (The lead singer for Steelheart) when I worked at WKZQ, we interviewed him when they played in Myrtle Beach, SC. I asked him about the long note at the end of the song, and if it was a studio trick or not. He proceeded to stand up, spread his legs about shoulder width, and threw his head back and held that same note for a good five seconds longer than the one in the song. Simply freakin' incredible singer, and one heck of a nice guy!

Yes x3 :) . Mike I use to play that song when it new on my stereo system in my truck and when I cranked it up I thought I was going to blow my 2 way highs with the amp on. Great song and with a stereo system like I once had really sounds awesome even the sub woofers was going....

This one is purposely obscure, if anyone gets this one without looking it up, you have great taste in music! :D
It's actually being posted in the hopes you'll look it up, find the video on YouTube, and hear a really good song that should have been released but never was!
I ain't got time for forgiven
I ain't got time to be afraid
I ain't got time to be slowing me down
With one foot in the grave
I ain't got time for my loving
I ain't not got time to be sad
I ain't no time for the foolish man
When the world treats him so bad

Music and Art are in the eyes and ears of the beholder. Knowing obscure songs or musicians does not make one a person of great taste in music!!!

One who likes and appreciates it all would be one that would in my opinion qualify as person of great taste!

I can give you obscure all day long! That doesn't mean I have good taste in music! Just say'in :rolleyes:

Welcome to your life

There's no turning back

Even while we sleep

We will find you

Acting on your best behaviour

I don't know the title or artist but Dennis Miller used to use that as the theme song on his old HBO show. Something about everybody wants to rule the world, or something of the kind?