Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Batmobile Polar Lights Snap

Nitrozilla

She's ready to tear up the streets of Gotham. This has been a really fun build despite snap related issues. I wanted to do the cockpit window trim in BMF, but went with hand painted silver instead. Still have a little clean up to do.

BTW, the coffee cup is a coincidence.

Thanx for looking.

0050.jpg0051.jpg0052.jpg0053.jpg0054.jpg

Edited by Nitrozilla

The painted window trim looks very good, but just out of curiosity... why did you decide not to use foil?

Hi Harry. It's a matter of budget vs. time. The piece of BMF I have to work with is 3" X 4". It might not have made enough strips to finish and I can't afford more until after the 1st of the month. As far as time goes, I needed to finish this for confidence purposes after the Hawaiian Disaster.

I could have said that since I burnished the dash to knock down glare that I should do the same for the windshield, but the truth will have to suffice.

Anthony, thanks for the nice words.

Overall, the kit was a breeze with "snap related issues" being the only downside. Semi-easily fixed. The dash gave me the biggest fit because it locks in the side panels. Let's just say I used a lot of Super Glue where you might maybe not oughta have to.

That only slowed down build time. It did nothing to detract from the joy of finally having this icon in my collection.