Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shop Pranks/Stories

Quick GMC

As I work in a food distribution warehouse, we use a lot of dry ice to keep our ice cream very cold while in transit. Well, I thought to myself, it's just sitting there in the bin. So I got a near empty water bottle with just a little bit of water left and I put a couple of small chunks of dry ice in it. I shook it up and very quickly threw it against the wall where one of our loaders was loading a trailer. Now, when dry ice comes into contact with water, it gives off gasses. Dry ice in a water bottle = dry ice bomb. So, I achieved my goal which was to scare the poo out of our loader without harming him or others. And before you cry foul, my boss did it to me when I first started working there. Never got in trouble for it.

So, I achieved my goal which was to scare the poo out of our loader without harming him or others...

And before you cry foul, my boss did it to me when I first started working there. Never got in trouble for it...

So, because somebody "never got in trouble for it", that makes it OK, eh? BS.

INTENTIONALLY scaring or startling someone can have tragic consequences.

WHAT IF the guy had been so startled, he fell off the loading dock, landed wrong and broke his back, and was in a wheelchair for the rest of his life? Pretty funny, huh?

If MY boss had done that to me, I'd have ripped him a new one, filed a complaint with HIS boss and OSHA , and gone on to find another job. With adults.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Worst thing we ever did was move a buddy's Honda Civic to different areas of the parking lot... by physically picking it up and moving it. Four, maybe six big dudes can easily pick up an old Civic and move it. I hear it was a pretty common prank in the '60's, only Beetles were the cars being carried then.

IMG_7146.jpg

Worst thing we ever did was move a buddy's Honda Civic to different areas of the parking lot...

You reminded me of a story from 1966. My buddy Carlos bought a 1966 Chevy II 2 door sedan from the local electric company for $75 because the right side was all dented. Car did have a powerglide transmission but nothing else. Manual steering and brakes, flat plate where the radio would go. It was flat gold in color, no doubt from never being washed or waxed. These were the cars the meter readers used and they must've flipped the fleet because we started to see the same car everywhere.

In short order we figured out that these cars were on a fleet key. That means that one set of keys worked in all of them. So when we were driving around and we'd see one, we'd use Carlos's key to move it to another space in the parking lot. Or if on the street, we'd park it on the opposite side of the street. We never did stick around to see the owner's reaction, nor did it even dawn on us that this must've been illegal!

Edited by Tom Geiger

You reminded me of a story from 1966. My buddy Carlos bought a 1966 Chevy II 2 door sedan from the local electric company for $75 because the right side was all dented. Car did have a powerglide transmission but nothing else. Manual steering and brakes, flat plate where the radio would go. It was flat gold in color, no doubt from never being washed or waxed. These were the cars the meter readers used and they must've flipped the fleet because we started to see the same car everywhere.

In short order we figured out that these cars were on a fleet key. That means that one set of keys worked in all of them. So when we were driving around and we'd see one, we'd use Carlos's key to move it to another space in the parking lot. Or if on the street, we'd park it on the opposite side of the street. We never did stick around to see the owner's reaction, nor did it even dawn on us that this must've been illegal!

mine isn't a prank but I was visiting a friend and parked near a car exactly like mine when I went to leave and jumped in my car that's when I went hmmm I don't remember my car being that dirty inside. That's when it hit this isn't my car. So strange my key fit