Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

• 2 weeks later...

A composite of the two photos from the ebay listing I won, a pair of 32nd scale AMT kits. Though warned that such AMT wheels/tires are too small in diameter for replacements in my Monogram GMC General restoration, a first-glance comparison indicates I could get away with the swap, especially if I lower the cab/sleeper location and maybe raise the axles just a tad. At the very least, I can use the 5th wheel, air horns, quarter fenders, and a few other bits off the Ford. I was originally thinking I'd need the front wheels off the KW, but the more I look at the Ford fronts, the more I like that look. The KW is a complete but unboxed kit, while the Ford was missing parts. Took me more than an hour to de-grundge it and reduce it back to being completely separate pieces.

32nd KW & Ford.jpg

A composite of the two photos from the ebay listing I won, a pair of 32nd scale AMT kits. Though warned that such AMT wheels/tires are too small in diameter for replacements in my Monogram GMC General restoration, a first-glance comparison indicates I could get away with the swap, especially if I lower the cab/sleeper location and maybe raise the axles just a tad. At the very least, I can use the 5th wheel, air horns, quarter fenders, and a few other bits off the Ford. I was originally thinking I'd need the front wheels off the KW, but the more I look at the Ford fronts, the more I like that look. The KW is a complete but unboxed kit, while the Ford was missing parts. Took me more than an hour to de-grundge it and reduce it back to being completely separate pieces.

Russel , it is great to see you finally found a couple of parts donors.  I have been intrigued with your General ever since you first showed it to us. 

Edited by Old Buckaroo

I got these over the past couple of days. The 1/16 Pete kits were Ebay purchases, one sealed and one open but complete. I picked up the Mack today at Hobby Lobby with the coupon. It was good to see something there other than their endless supply of Freightliner COEs.

20151001_213331.jpg

Edited by Mike77

Today was a great day at the model show! I scored some some unexpected kits. I normally don't post the prices, but this was too good to be true. I got the two fire trucks for $35.00, and the car hauler for $15.00!!!!. 

3EB514B8-9560-43C2-BBE9-4291E54E5DF8_zps

Now, that's a SCORE !!!!!! Awesome..... I remember that Imex box.....Seriously awesome score....

Russell , it is great to see you finally found a couple of parts donors.  I have been intrigued with your General ever since you first showed it to us. 

Took a while, though, since around March or a bit earlier 2014 when I started to keep an eye on ebay. Won't take a whole lot now to get that General show back on the road, at least to the point where it looks a heckuva lot less toy-like. After a trip to the hobby shop for some 5/16th Plastruc channel for the frame rebuild/stretch, and away it goes.