Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Kits You've Scored Recently

Would have been downright stupid to pass on it for that price. Even if a ProStar's not what you want, you'd have some really nice trade fodder for somebody. :)

That's what figured. I thought of building it curb side and converting the engine to resemble a cummins.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Great score Chuck. Hopefully that didn't hit the old wallet too hard. I know these have gotten outrageous. What are you planning to use as a donor?

Oh, it hit the wallet plenty hard enough. :lol: But if you want it badly enough you pay, right? I think I might do my own frame with some C-section strip and spare Louisville crossmembers. Might be a while before I get around to this one, so I've got plenty of time to map things out.

Oh, it hit the wallet plenty hard enough. :lol: But if you want it badly enough you pay, right? I think I might do my own frame with some C-section strip and spare Louisville crossmembers. Might be a while before I get around to this one, so I've got plenty of time to map things out.

Cool. Luckily I found my overpriced resin Ford when the Italeri Ford wreckers were just released at a reasonable price. So mine will be on a LTL 9000 chassis, eventually. It's confusing that the box label recommends a FLD120 chassis, which as you know is s.f.b.a. 

• 3 weeks later...

That IS a good score, Terry.....I'm with Clayton on the reissue of the tankers......I'd love to see them come out without chrome plating, though.....And while Italeri is at the reissue thing, I hope they come back out with that Freightliner, too....

Im with you guys. I wouldnt mind seeing this reissued. Im not really a fan of the AMT tanker. I have a few of the IMC tankers, a few Italeri tankers, and now these two.