Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Blazer (updated Pictures!)

Pic-02012013-001_zpse51e1650.jpg

going for something similar to this with my own twist, 4x4 of course with extra chevy bowtie ponies under the hood of course, offroad tires, not too overly lifted tho just a nice possible everyday daily driver with the option of trail riding once in awile!

101_7001_zps4e95c4fa.jpg

paint is testors one coat laquer "root beer" decals will be the "boondocker" decals

Edited by MsDano85gt

Boy! I'll bet I blew up 30 of these old Blazer kits when I was a kid. & when fireworks were legal in Minnesota! :P Steve

I'm originally Minnesotan!!

betcha wish you hadn't blown up all those kits!! its so difficult to get these kits (even redone model king) versions for reasonable

c'mon round 2 you listening??

have the decals installed will try and get some up to date pics....

Very nice looking Blazer. I hope you show more photos after put on the "Boondocker" decals. I love those 1st generation Blazers and her sisters, the 1967 - 1972 Chevy pickups and Suburbans. And I still remember when the real Blazers were offered with those decals on them back in 1972. I also remember the other special factory authorized, but dealer installed, decal packages for the El Camino and Suburban too. I can not remember if such a package was offer for the pickup truck and vans too? I'll have to go through I old brochures, and look that up.

Scott

took pics!

also snapped pics of my thunderbolt one i'm restoreing with more fuller detail this time around and 4 wheels instead of 3 (thanks to a fellow mcm member)

boondocker decals..... look pretty snappy on the brown......

may end up using these wheels altho it was not originally planned, but it does really give me the look i was imagineing not too tall, just about right.....

101_7048_zpse671ce66.jpg

101_7049_zps367bad9e.jpg

101_7050_zpsf5566eb1.jpg

lots of winch, bumper, and grille options......

101_7052_zps59dcd3b0.jpg

101_7059_zpsddab3123.jpg

101_7060_zpscedb9e08.jpg

101_7056_zps02e86fd8.jpg

101_7061_zps657db1d6.jpg

101_7062_zps2cb24128.jpg

still working on the mini bike/ motorcycle for this one..... debating on to use the BB's for injector stack filters and paint them flat black?? or leave he stacks open..... so many options almost done though. just need to finish my wire harness for floodlights to the rear floodlamp, and connect my coil wire to the coil i made after i paint it.....

hey longbox the late 60's Early 70's Called, they want their psychadelic graphics back!! That is super crazy! one looks very bi- centennial - ish red white and blue scheme......

Very cool piece of history there, wonder how many they made in those varios versions and how many actually still exhist??

I've been meaning to make a post about those decal options on Stovebolt.com just to see if anyone there has one.

the previous thread was a joke about the Ruby tuesday commercials awile back "the 70's called they want their lamps back" lol didn't know if anyone would pick up on that or not?

hey longbox the late 60's Early 70's Called, they want their psychadelic graphics back!! That is super crazy! one looks very bi- centennial - ish red white and blue scheme......

Very cool piece of history there, wonder how many they made in those varios versions and how many actually still exhist??

cool build! This is a model i want to build myself in the future 'couse I ever like thos firts Blazer and Jimmy, as well as the same era pick up's, I have the 72 GMC stepside model to build, and I have plans, lets see what happen...

• 2 weeks later...

almost done fixxing up my thunderbolt blazer, then i will be focused again on the brown boondocker blazer in this thread

pics to come soon hopefully as well !

this is a very fun building kit, i'd like to get the baja version and build one up top down style like the monster truck....