Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '67 camaro Updated 3/30/16

665@213

Hey Everybody! I've been fooling with this Camaro for about a month now. I found some really nice resin steel wheels on ebay, & took the dog dish hubcaps from the COPO Camaro kit. Going for a pro-touring look I guess. Paint will be Butternut Yellow with the black nose stripe. Power comes from the kit big block. Thanks for looking & all comments welcome!!

post-7389-0-73727200-1413691589_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-03327300-1413691592_thumb.jp

Edited by 665@213

I like steelies and dog dishes, but not the pro touring style ones. Factory for me. Your color scheme sounds good. Looks like a flat hood there? If so, with that color, I would put a 6 in it!

Edited by midnightprowler

• 4 weeks later...

The valve covers, heads, & headers are from the COPO camaro kit, I just smoothed the covers & shot them orange. The scripts are decals from the Revell 57 Belair post kit, the hood & trunk emblems. I thought it would look kinda nostalgic, & I like the way it turned out.

I dig the wheels on it. I'm sure somebody ELSE will do the standard-size steel wheels. Not everybody wants to follow the same route to a completed build. Also, I believe if one likes to see a build done a certain way, the one should BUILD it that way. Keep on with this Camaro they way YOU see fit to build it. B)

Car looks great...I mean no disrespect by this but, I think a gunmetal color on the wheels would make it a little more aggressive looking while maintaining a stock look if that makes sense......great job though either way.

Gun Metal is so played out.

This is a very cool build as is

Edited by Daddyfink

Hey everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. It's just a model car, this is how I wanted to do it. Thanks everyone for the comments. I thought about doing the wheels a different color,but I wanted a low key,toned down look. That's why I did it the color I did it, too. I wanted something different, and I think I've accomplished that. :)

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone. I pulled this thing back out after getting aggravated with a paint issue. I got another kit and changed some things, removed the lock cylinders,  a few other little things.  Paint is still Butternut yellow. Waiting on some bare metal foil and then I will finish it up.

0328161942_HDR.jpg

0331161917.jpg