Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1940 Ford Coupe Kustom

Joker

Very well done! I've heard that the Lindberg kits can be hit or miss with fit and finish, but you nailed this build

One of the reasons that Lindberg kits can be hit or miss is that a lot of their tooling came from an assortment of defunct companies. I understand that the Lindberg '40 Ford was originally tooled up by Palmer, If that's true, it has to be the best thing that Palmer ever did no matter how many issues it has!

I understand that the Lindberg '40 Ford was originally tooled up by Palmer, If that's true, it has to be the best thing that Palmer ever did no matter how many issues it has!

I'd have a hard time believing this kit was originally tooled by Palmer. It's almost a part-for-part copy of the AMT kit (I have both in stock), it goes together just like the AMT kit, and it IS correctly proportioned...something Palmer kits NEVER were.

It would be very interesting to know the real provenance of this tooling.

I'd have a hard time believing this kit was originally tooled by Palmer. It's almost a part-for-part copy of the AMT kit (I have both in stock), it goes together just like the AMT kit, and it IS correctly proportioned...something Palmer kits NEVER were.

It would be very interesting to know the real provenance of this tooling.

I too would be surprised if it was a Palmer kit originally. But, stranger things have been known to happen. I too got mine with the Lindberg Dodge L-700 with flatbed trailer. And what work I've done on it, it is not a horrible kit. It's much better than what I've heard. But, is this really an old Palmer tool? If it is, it's by far the best thing Palmer ever tooled up. I'd like to know more.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

I tried searching the forum for info on the possible Palmer heritage of Lindberg's '40 Ford and found lots of references to it originating with Palmer but not necessarily anything concrete. Try doing a forum search for something like "lindberg palmer" and you'll see that it's been stated a lot even if it's not definitive. Here's one that I found:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10020&hl=%2Blindberg+%2Bpalmer+%2B40#entry73444