Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin DB4

Scottnkat

Here's the Revell reissue of the Aurora Aston Martin DB4. The clear plastic parts were a bit messed up and would not fit. I had to use clear glue to fill the gaps between where the windows ended and where the window frames began. The glass was also cracked in a few spots and was generally not in good shape. It took a bit of work, but it all finally came together. I added flocking for the carpeting in the interior cabin and in the trunk. I also stripped the chrome (since it was not in good shape) and I sprayed the chrome pieces with Alclad. I hope you like it

013a_zpsd022694b.jpg

014a_zps0a293c9f.jpg

015a_zpsb5def3cf.jpg

016a_zps89bbb429.jpg

The doors open - here's the interior

017a_zps64b17c11.jpg

Also, the trunk opens

019a_zpsaf1ae287.jpg

Here's the engine compartment

011a_zps922e389e.jpg

012a_zps476f2ad2.jpg

You did a nice job, but MAN, that body has some serious issues with proportions and contours. :blink:

I have some earlier versions of this kit that don't look so badly proportioned, in large part because of smaller tires. It makes a difference. I also tend to think there's possibly some odd distortion and foreshortening going on with the camera lens here.

All in all though, a nice job, especially considering what there was to work with.

You did a nice job, but MAN, that body has some serious issues with proportions and contours. :blink:

It's a sister kit to the Aurora/Monogram Maserati 3500 GTi, which has the same problems -- bad roofline and nose. The wheels don't look too bad if they had less of a wash, but the hub parts stick out way too far. Matt Bacon did an awesome fix on the Maserati last year, which is worth digging up.

Here's his Under Glass result:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74759

His Workbench report:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71253

Edited by sjordan2