Model Cars Magazine Forum

New kits with flaws.

Yes, Franklin Mint, Danbury, Etc.. do put out a quality product, but you pay a premium for that. In the plastic kit area you pay considerably less for the product, but yet you have builders wanting the same quality thinking everyone else is willing to pay the premium for the end product. I refer to this topic on this forum for reference.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96562

Modelers complain about the price/quantity of "Parts Packs" price/quantity on this thread, but complain about accuracy of kits on this one.

To me, complaining about .08 (2") discrepancies in accuracy in a plastic model kit is not rivet counting, but just looking for something to keep the pot stirred with.

Yes Bill, a not completely accurate model is the end of the world as we know it.

You obviously have mediocre language and comprehension skills, as that's not the point of my post at all.

And accepting mediocrity in everything is only the beginning of the end of the world as we know it.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Ace, Insults are the last resort of a losing argument. Maybe you should concentrate on gathering facts to back your claims rather than demeaning someone that is beating you at your own game.

With the apparently widespread low level of reading comprehension, it's not surprising you'd think that.

mediocrity.0.gif

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Maybe Ace will get spellcheck from Santa? :D

Geez, I hope he fires who ever typed that wrong, given his intolerance for imperfection. ;)

Hey rocket scientist...I didn't type it...it was in a graphic I simply re-posted. Musta been miscommunication with the Chinese subcontractor. :P

And I seem to be one of the few on here who routinely do use spellcheck.

Once again, my point was missed entirely.

Let's try one more time, OK kiddies? Repeat after me... excellence-perfection.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Again you're using words "perfect" when the issues are "incorrect". Noticeably wrong. Requiring correction. Not right. Non-prototypic. Screwed up.

Your implication that man can't make anything "perfect" implies god can make perfect kits? Wow. Didn't know he was doing kits! Cool.

Here's nice thread that some of you participated in waaay back in August.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92643&hl=+57%20+belair%20+convertible&page=2

Pictures of the 57 Bel-Air convertible door, the 62 Bel-Air bubbletop issue, and conveniently, fixes by John Goschke.

Key issue understood in thread is new tools shouldn't need correction on basic elements of design. Most visible part of convertible? Body lines around interior with top down. 57 years of photos of every angle, every nuance and curve. In case of '62, only 52 years. If you deal with one guy, send him pics of these elements that they actually got correct on other bodies 57 Bel-Air snap coupe, and original bubbletop 61 Pontiac and Buicks, and say "this"

Most problems with kits are fixable if you have right skills. But why fix basic things when it should be better? You pay for lunch order that's wrong? Put new tires on and not balance them? Spend hours on a great paint job and paint hood shut/leave mold lines in? No.

None of the "I know you are but what am I?" games.

Moebius is good company. Gets it right, or fixes after fact what gets by. Mr. M told us why, and doesn't know why others can't do it.

I'm willing to say it's like Microsoft. You've got good product managers and poor ones. Other issue I see is trusting one guy's understanding of English to ensure entire production run done right. If he's as incapable of noticing error as some others here, the project is screwed.

Lighten up it's a holiday. Can't teach people to see things that aren't correct (note, did not say "not perfect"). People are treating this like a Jew coming on here and saying they didn't like bacon...wait, no, that's not right

Edited by keyser