Model Cars Magazine Forum

Introducing Fineline Applicators -- Handy dispenser for liquids

Chillyb1

I found these recently and immediately bought several because I think they solve a problem I've encountered often: How to apply fluids precisely in both location and quantity. I now have one loaded with Tamiya's thin liquid cement, one with Testors's white glue, and one with a home-mixed black wash.

DSCN3441.jpg

I found these recently and immediately bought several because I think they solve a problem I've encountered often: How to apply fluids precisely in both location and quantity. I now have one loaded with Tamiya's thin liquid cement, one with Testors's white glue, and one with a home-mixed black wash.

Will it work with thin CA or clog the tip?

I should have mentioned this in the original post:

Thank you Curtis; I see what it claims but wondered if anyone has actually tried CA in it.

My experience with the CA containers is that they get solid if left uncovered even a few minutes on the bench.

I fear that thin needle tip will do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

You could use it for CA Kicker. I don't like spraying the Kicker because I don't want to inhale it. I generally put a drop above the glue joint and let gravity pull it down over the CA. These bottles would work well the the gravity method of applying CA Kicker.

You could use it for CA Kicker. I don't like spraying the Kicker because I don't want to inhale it. I generally put a drop above the glue joint and let gravity pull it down over the CA. These bottles would work well the the gravity method of applying CA Kicker.

I bought one today from HL. Used the 40% off coupon, as always. Got home and put some kicker in it and noticed that when the bottle is inverted, the kicker drip out without pressure on the bottle. Probably still better than applying drops with an improvised dropper or spraying.

I bought one today from HL. Used the 40% off coupon, as always. Got home and put some kicker in it and noticed that when the bottle is inverted, the kicker drip out without pressure on the bottle. Probably still better than applying drops with an improvised dropper or spraying.

Did you get the fine tip one? I tried using Tamiya thin liquid glue in one and had the same problem you mention. For slightly less viscous glue the thing works fine.