Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where Do You Keep Your Stash?

I would take a picture of my stash but seeing how it is my wedding anniversary today, it might be my last one if the missus were to see just how many kits I have! ;)

I have my stash in three places- On storage shelves in cardboard boxes (20 boxes total= 250 kits);on the garage workbench about another 30-40 kits; on my final assembly table probably 10-15 kits.

This total includes some WIP as well as sealed kits/opened kits. I have the same problem as many of you in that my intentions are good, however I buy them faster than I can build them.

As far as Mr. Bastedo is concerned, I will be in the Kingsport area later this year and he better hope I CAN'T find his house! That is a collection to envious of for sure. I do remember the single guys usually having the larger collections, must be something about a lack of nagging that explains it!

Mike

PS- never keep your stash under the front seat, that is the first place the cops look!

I would take a picture of my stash but seeing how it is my wedding anniversary today, it might be my last one if the missus were to see just how many kits I have! ;)

I have my stash in three places- On storage shelves in cardboard boxes (20 boxes total= 250 kits);on the garage workbench about another 30-40 kits; on my final assembly table probably 10-15 kits.

This total includes some WIP as well as sealed kits/opened kits. I have the same problem as many of you in that my intentions are good, however I buy them faster than I can build them.

As far as Mr. Bastedo is concerned, I will be in the Kingsport area later this year and he better hope I CAN'T find his house! That is a collection to envious of for sure. I do remember the single guys usually having the larger collections, must be something about a lack of nagging that explains it!

Mike

PS- never keep your stash under the front seat, that is the first place the cops look!

or the glove box

2 edsles may i trade and or buy one please

trust me it will be in good hands

I'm sorry, but one is earmarked for a ragtop, and the other one is going to become a phantom Edsel Skyliner (that's gonna be my wintertime project). I bought both the Edsels at Dean's in Flushing, Mi. for $5 each (open but complete). Dean advertises in Model Cars- check out his site.

Back as a child, My Mom said I had too many unbuilt kits.

That was only 12-ish sitting in a box next to my desk.

FLASH FORWARD 25 yrs (yup)

Looking at the mass amount people have shown is Crazy.

Now I don't feel bad anymore.

I just bled into the spare bedroom a weee bit from my Hobby room.

Spare room.

I unpacked 8 boxes (average 33 kits in a box)

hobbieroom-10.jpg

I have 8 more boxes in my shed (nice and dry)

Now My Hobbie room

I'll show that in that thread.

Mine's in a Spare Room attached to our attached Garage. S.W.M.B.O. call's it "His Room" and just so long as she can get to her Car she's happy. I ran a Business out of here for several years. It's where my Internet access, Workbench, Beer Fridge and Spare Bathroom are. Life is Good B)

Here's my "Stash"

http://public.fotki.com/CrazyEd/work-area/kits1.html

http://public.fotki.com/CrazyEd/work-area/kits2.html

Ed Erbeck Jr.

I too am a basement dweller. Room number 1.

I don't have a picture of the project pile or the plastic tubs with rebuilders in them. Maybe I'll take some later and post them.

Dog gone man, that's more than the 7 hobby shops in my area carry combined..

But since I can't find the SHow us your Hobby room page, I'll show mine since that is where my stash is mostly.

Unless someone knows where that page is.

Thank you sir.

That'll do.

So here is the rest of the room

Behind me

Hobbieroomtday.jpg

Above my desk, Bottom row kits are projects and Ideas I haven't finished but will soon (ya, right)

P8300001.jpg

and to the left of my desk, the closet with no doors is 2 deep in the middle.

hobbieroom-12.jpg

This concludes the tour of my stash and hobby room.

Thank you for visiting. :lol:

Edited by Zukiholic

Well, Looking at you guys' collections and hobby/storage areas, I don't feel all that bad about mine... I have a 12X20 hobby room and my kits lined three walls to the ceiling and the 20' half wall to the shelf. Trouble was, I didn't have much display area other than the boxes. I have since began the boxing and cataloging process so they can go in a corner of the store room (no basements here in texas and the attic would produce boxes with puddles in em...). Ideally, I should be able to find a kit as I need it... Though I have been selling off my Sci-fi, aircraft and figure kits and the model kits I know I won't build.

• 2 weeks later...