Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where Do You Keep Your Stash?

Brings back old memories. I had 600 kits and kept them on 3 out of the 4 walls in the room i used to build in. But, when I had all those kits, I found it hard to decide what to build. Too many choices. On the other hand, you pretty much had any part you needed. I hated it when they had to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my hopefully soon-to-be ex started selling kits (for which she had no sense of value) to support her out of workedness (prime example: Diamond In The Rough, sealed, 5 bucks) at flea markets, I moved everything but a couple loose kits to a family member's house.

I have about 330 catalogued (I use an excel spreadsheet) kits, in numbered cardboard boxes. If I ever get back to building, I'm going to have plenty to keep me busy. I have a little bit of everything from the stray, relatively rare or obscure kit, to the "buy the by the armfull" WalMart kits in subjects I happened to favor.

I have about 300 up in the attic and another 150 in the basement ready to be moved to the attic also!!! :unsure::huh: I just hate it when I need a specific model and have to go through the boxes to find one. I do have them catalogued also to make it a little easier!!! :blink::P

Now there's a young man that really likes Studes! :P:mellow:

I will take credit for that thank you! I grew up around Studebakers and Vw's and as a young girly tomboy I would work on them with my dad. And of course when Clay told the judge that yes he was sure he wanted to marry into the family (yeah we JOP'ed it) he got sucked into the wonderful world of Studebakers. We are even members of the Studebaker Drivers Club

I will take credit for that thank you! I grew up around Studebakers and Vw's and as a young girly tomboy I would work on them with my dad. And of course when Clay told the judge that yes he was sure he wanted to marry into the family (yeah we JOP'ed it) he got sucked into the wonderful world of Studebakers. We are even members of the Studebaker Drivers Club

Now if only I could find a model car club around here.

• 5 months later...

My stash is split between soon to work on and the "basement hobby shop". I've completed one model in the last three years because of work and family obligations. As you'll see in the pictures, I have an eclectic collection. I'll likely be selling off a bunch before I don't want to move a lot of them when we leave this area and head back to the Pacific Northwest.

2789731592_e3a5408346_o.jpg

2788878849_8fbda0bebd_o.jpg

2789730492_2abb342638_o.jpg

2788879693_79c76c1b6d_o.jpg

2789733856_10e00f6b63_o.jpg

This way to the rest:

My Hobby Kit Stash

Its a bit of a mess, but I don't think I'll get any lectures from you people. :angry:

My stash and work space are on the upstairs landing, kind of a 1/2 room, 1/2 hallway.

stash1.jpg

stash2.jpg

stash3.jpg

stash4.jpg

The cupboards and drawers have model related stuff, there are about 15 more kits stashed against the wall under my work table.

I keep all of mine in my workshop. Now, with that said I am running out of space to put them. I had a lot more before life changed. My shop was full as well as my spare room. Nothing like what Darin has, but a fair amount. I trimmed my collection way down.

Here's where it pretty much sits today:

07hob14-vi.jpg

07hob13-vi.jpg

07hob12-vi.jpg

07hob11-vi.jpg

07hob9-vi.jpg

07hob8-vi.jpg

07hob7-vi.jpg

And a few more pictures like that are at my fotki site. They are all within my grasp. Sometimes you just like to grok them while working on something else.

Chris

might have more than this now, does look different a little now, i change things around once in awhile, but basically my models are above the bench and my computer desk. they are next to each other, i can build while checking the boards and chatting with model buddies. there are boxes you can't see in this photo, mostly full of old built ups from the 60s that need rebuilt.

October252007vi-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

My stash is in the basement, within arms reach... I have a pretty cool area set up to be my personal space where nobody's gonna bother me unless it's important. I've got a few kits that will take me years to build and am still gathering more.

004.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

013-1.jpg

And a Fathers Day card I recievd from my son last year...

I guess I qualify as a redneck!!!

010.jpg:lol:

Edited by John E. Bowers Jr.

were do i keep my stach. Okay lets see. My desk has storage in it for books on the bottom well thats occupied by bout 10 kits. Behind the desk i have bout 25 kits stached. Then in my closet i have bout 20 kits in there too. So i have bout 55 kits just in my room. The onver my workbench my dad made a shelf. There i have around 30 kits on top of that. Then across from my bench me dad made another hanging shelf. In there i keep around 100 to 200 kits. And i think i have some in the attic not sure though. Lost count as i keep buying kits :lol: .

just wondering where everyone keeps those unbuilt or partially built models. Pics would be nice. I will post a pic of mine when i get home.

I keep mine in a spare bedroom, every kit in the closit is two kits deep meaning the same kit is behind the one in front and I think its time to thin it out!

modelpics070-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

ModelRoom007-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

ModelRoom001-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

ModelRoom002-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

ModelRoom003-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki

ModelRoom004-vi.jpg

Hosted on Fotki