1972coronet

Some photos from another "Always Warm & Sunny" California day :

1.) My 1972 Coronet @0615 HRS today :

post-6643-0-77735900-1420078339_thumb.jp

post-6643-0-26116800-1420078352_thumb.jp

2.) Lake Elsinore , facing-south , south-side of the lake @1050 HRS today :

post-6643-0-48597500-1420078382.jpg

3.) "Say , how's the view out of your Sentra's backlite ???"

Not an isolated incident . I witnessed numerous dirt clods operating their vehicles with snow'ed-over glass !

post-6643-0-63501000-1420078367.jpg

Temp's in the 30's during the day , with high-teens tonight .

The nice thing is that none of the dwellings are built to accommodate cold temps / snow !! So , the houses / apartments / buildings are flippin' cold !~

"Enjoy the Rose Parade you out of towners !"

I was in Phoenix last night. My wife said it was snowing up here in Hesperia, and was 16 when she woke up at 7.

Heres a pic today at 8 am on my way back. This the 10 west bound, obviously mile marker 51, between Phoenix and Quartsite. Guess all the retired snow birds down here from the north were a little tweaked this morning.

image_zps6cb5ef23.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07

What happened to "global warming?"

My thinking exactly. I saw that the record in Downtown LA was almost 90 degrees in 1920 something. I had this conversation with somebody and they said global warming causes odd cold snaps. My reply, oh of course. Warming causes cold. My mistake. I hate when my dummy dummy trucker mind forgets its a dummy.

Last snow below 2,500' here was back in 2004 ( Novembre ) . I was stuck in Victorville ( with the Memphis blues again ) as US 395 / US 91 / CA 18 / I-15 was closed .

RE : "Global Warming" (preceded by "Global Cooling") , et al. , is nonsense in-so-far-as "man's contribution" is concerned . It's really an arrogant notion to "believe" (indeed , assert ) that our activities would impact the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old Earth so immensely .

California's last Gov was the one who pushed the "Final Solutions Act" , and we in Ca have been paying dearly for that heap o' poo for years (vis-a-vis , inferior cleaning chemicals , special A/C recharge cans , and now some stupid fuel tax (which officially honours Ca with thee highest fuel taxes / prices In.The.Nation.) which gets activated at 0:01 HRS our time .

But , I divulge ...

Let's get back to the virtual anomaly of snow in "sunny & warm Ca." !

Last snow below 2,500' here was back in 2004 ( Novembre ) . I was stuck in Victorville ( with the Memphis blues again ) as US 395 / US 91 / CA 18 / I-15 was closed .

RE : "Global Warming" (preceded by "Global Cooling") , et al. , is nonsense in-so-far-as "man's contribution" is concerned . It's really an arrogant notion to "believe" (indeed , assert ) that our activities would impact the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old Earth so immensely .

California's last Gov was the one who pushed the "Final Solutions Act" , and we in Ca have been paying dearly for that heap o' poo for years (vis-a-vis , inferior cleaning chemicals , special A/C recharge cans , and now some stupid fuel tax (which officially honours Ca with thee highest fuel taxes / prices In.The.Nation.) which gets activated at 0:01 HRS our time .

But , I divulge ...

Let's get back to the virtual anomaly of snow in "sunny & warm Ca."

My brother drives a semi and has for 40 years. All he carries now is tanks for the military and has for 15 years. He hated coming to California most of the time 1 due to regulations and 2 anytime there could be snow.

Temps plummeted to just below freezing, the wind was insane but it only snowed up in the mountains. Several areas of town got a dusting but for the most part Snowmageddon Las Vegas was a non event. Arizona, now that's another story.

G

I think Vegas was the safe zone of this storm. It went all around you. I heard Baker got snow, and Laughlin got some.

What is sad John, here in Minnesota, were you get snow all of time, I see people driving around without clearing the snow off of their windows all of time! You'd think living around here, everybody would have snow brush and/or an ice scraper. For about six months out of year, I keep one on my floor in the back seat of my car.

Sorry to say to all of you from California and Arizona, but I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you. The snow you got is nothing. And I'm sure it will be gone pretty quick. In the mean time, we be freezing our you know whats off, and breaking our backs shoveling, until at least March. Sometimes into April. And winter started off fast and hard here in November. So, enjoy your little taste of winter. And think warm thoughts about us poor fools in the northern climes. (Oh, and don't really feel too sorry for us in Minnesota. Those in Upper Michigan and a up state New York usually have it worst than we do.)

Scott