Model Cars Magazine Forum

Side 1 of "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" ...

1972coronet

No, you aren't alone. Off the top of my head I also remember "Are You Happy", "Termination", and "flowers an Beads".

That's the one :) . I feel that the musicianship is better on side 1 (though the percussion on the title track is tough to beat !).

Early Heavy Metal is so interesting ; it's a great combo of psychedellic and macabre .

My older brother had an 8-track of that album & I think I played it more than he did. I tried to like some of the later albums, but...

Does anyone else remember their last bassist, Phil Kramer? This guy had an amazing brain. IIRC, he left the band to pursue aerospace engineering & did some work for the defense industry but ultimately was found dead in his van in a canyon near Malibu. As I understand it, the death has never officially been solved.

I saw them perform live maybe 15 years ago at an outdoor concert. During this song, some hopped up fan ran on stage, then jumped spread eagle into the crowd to body surf. In true Fargo fashion, everybody cowered back and the kid face planted to the ground in a puff of dust.

Edited by Lunajammer

True story: when I was a little kid, this album was huge! My friends and I played on a pickup soccer team (yeah, we were way ahead of our time! :D )....

Anyhow, one Saturday morning we were all supposed to meet up in the park for practice. All of us were there, waiting for the last guy to show. We waited and waited, and finally one of the guys said he'd run over to José's house (we all called him "Hosie" and he didn't mind) and go get him, as we all lived on the block right next to the park.

A few minutes later our volunteer comes jogging back and tells us that Hosie was listening to Iron Butterfly and would be right with us... as soon as "In a Gadda da Vida" was over!

Absolutely true story! One of my favorite childhood memories to this day! :D

True story: when I was a little kid, this album was huge! My friends and I played on a pickup soccer team (yeah, we were way ahead of our time! :D )....

Anyhow, one Saturday morning we were all supposed to meet up in the park for practice. All of us were there, waiting for the last guy to show. We waited and waited, and finally one of the guys said he'd run over to José's house (we all called him "Hosie" and he didn't mind) and go get him, as we all lived on the block right next to the park.

A few minutes later our volunteer comes jogging back and tells us that Hosie was listening to Iron Butterfly and would be right with us... as soon as "In a Gadda da Vida" was over!

Absolutely true story! One of my favorite childhood memories to this day! :D

That's dedication !

That's akin to listening ,uninterrupted, to all 17:30 minutes of Sister Ray !