Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

• 1 month later...

I find that it is easier to drill stuff straight with a template. It took several tries to get one on the net which would print the entire image. In this case a head gasket.

Glued it to the top of the block and mounted the block in the milling attachment of my mini lathe. Then I started drilling. Three different size holes. I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

IMG_4933.JPG

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

Edited by landman

Installed drawer slides under the shelf that holds the engine shop dio. It allows for better lighting for photos and better access to move/add stuff. By removing either end wall, it will also permit new angles for the camera.

DSC_0232.JPG

Edited by landman

Glad you are enjoying it Mark. That is the intent all along, to entertain. And to hone my techniques as it will never be done. Always adding, changing.

Pat....Id like to build some machines like those...may not have the skills to though.  My future diorama project is of a 60s gas station with full service repair shop I hope....use to work at one.