Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `67 Corvette L-88 - Barrett Jackson`s $3.5 million car

Hawk312

As usual, your meticulous assembly process, spot-on detailing, mile-deep paint and print-worthy photography make this an outstanding example of modeling wizardry. The only thing this build lacks is a smug-looking driver and a stack of speeding tickets. I'd call it your best work, but the year is young.

Very, VERY nice! I especially like the '67 Rally Wheels, plus the fact that you painted the non-frame sections of the underside primer gray, a detail many Corvette builders overlook (including me, on most builds). Did you use the kit tires? Hard to tell. (I really dislike the kit tires in all three of the Monogram 1/12 kits, which are otherwise quite nice, and have been looking for some good replacements.)

One of the best builds in this scale.You are the man!The paint jobs are so much harder on the bigger scales,more area to make them. Someone told me, it is 8 times the volume so 8 times a 1;24 build.The 1;12 scale model is the GT 500 2010 but in the convertible style.So far i have been on my car for 7 months,Seems the car needs something(sounds like my ex wife)trying to get back into building it.losing a little intrest,trying to fire it up again

Here is a sneek peek of my GT 500

post-7810-0-45495700-1422503824_thumb.jp

One of the best builds in this scale.You are the man!The paint jobs are so much harder on the bigger scales,more area to make them. Someone told me, it is 8 times the volume so 8 times a 1;24 build.The 1;12 scale model is the GT 500 2010 but in the convertible style.So far i have been on my car for 7 months,Seems the car needs something(sounds like my ex wife)trying to get back into building it.losing a little intrest,trying to fire it up again

Here is a sneek peek of my GT 500

The GT 500

Very, VERY nice! I especially like the '67 Rally Wheels, plus the fact that you painted the non-frame sections of the underside primer gray, a detail many Corvette builders overlook (including me, on most builds). Did you use the kit tires? Hard to tell. (I really dislike the kit tires in all three of the Monogram 1/12 kits, which are otherwise quite nice, and have been looking for some good replacements.)

Thanks Snake!

Yeah, I used the kit tires. Though, I had to go searching through all of my kits (have about 10 "parts" kits of this kit) to find a complete set that wasn`t warped and was perfectly round. I am with you. I`m not to crazy about the kit tires. The look way to narrow, especially when on the Camaro kit!

You know, once you learn how to build a model, you'll be ok.

:lol:

Kidding, of course. And I'm looking forward to your next magazine feature, as we talked about. B)

I`m starting to understand how these model things work. :P

I am definitely looking forward to the magazine feature. It is an honor. Now I just need to get time and motivation to put it all together. November will be here no time. :o