Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988ish Paystar 5000 (small update 10-4-15)

Plaskit sells a tranny mounted PTO:

Plaskit PTO.JPG

Here's the link:http://s429.photobucket.com/user/danielgailloux/library/?sort=2&page=0

Scroll down to the Plaskit folders. I hope this helps.

Man, that's almost exactly what I was lookin for, I forgot about plaskit. I've already ordered a PTO from AITM, but haven't received it yet, if I can't use it I'll definitely hit up plaskit, thanks a lot!

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Kenny- thanks, I think everyone should try plumbing at least once! But that's just me.

Gator- I like opening doors because most of us spend so much time trying to make our interiors look good, only to box them in when its all said and done. There's so much to see on the interior and what better way than crackin the doors open?

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Gator- I like opening doors because most of us spend so much time trying to make our interiors look good, only to box them in when its all said and done. There's so much to see on the interior and what better way than crackin the doors open?

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Sam,

I hear ya. I often times spend a ,lot of time paint detailing the interior. Even though in most cases not very many if any will see it. I still derive a great deal of satisfaction from knowing I did the work and it looked pretty good.

So like I said. i will have to try it.

As for you work. your knowledge of the real thing shows in your models!

be Well

Gator

Don't take me wrong (not that I think you are!), I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't open doors, there are plenty of great models out there that are completely box stock that are awesome!

No I understand what you meant. It is like doing all the plumbing like you do is just not for me! I applaud anyone that can do it and make it look realistic.

So i have to say I am enjoying your build threads and still learning a lot from you and the others here in the Forum.

be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu

Thanks Gator! I just don't wanna come across wrong with anyone because you can't read body language through words!

Thanks again for the compliments guys, I got my front floats in from AITM, hopefully we will have a rolling chassis this weekend!

here's the latest, rolling chassis and some more weathering started. I also picked up a tool box from AITM on my last order. it will most likely go on the drivers side to provide a step up to the headache rack. also, the drop axle has been canned, maybe next time!

post-10426-0-32720900-1430689268_thumb.j

post-10426-0-59906900-1430690185_thumb.j

post-10426-0-58445200-1430690201_thumb.j

Thanks Dave,you humble me! anytime I can help, I'm more than happy! I watched a guy on YouTube weathering some sci-fi models and I would recommend searching oil weathering on YouTube, but I'll give you the basics! I'm no expert by any means and this truck is my first try. All you do is get the color you want (I used black) and thin it down to a watery consistency. Dip your brush then touch it to wherever there is a 90 degree angle so to speak, such as around a bolt head or the corners of the frame rails. The solution should follow the line around the bolt or a bracket or whatever you choose. Once it dries, take a small sponge with some thinner to wipe away any excess, what you wipe away can be smeared around for a more greasy look. Feel free to ask if you need anything else!

Edited by guitarsam326

I think im DONE with plumbing for now..... well at least as far as the chassis goes. I also ventured into making a mesh style deck plate which I think turned out pretty good. now im itching to throw some color on the frame but im gonna restrain myself until the engine is fully mocked up. enough gabbing, here's some pics.

Hi Sam great good looking built so far!!! Question: did you use styrene sheet and C channel at the rear end? My appologies if I don't explain myself very well. I also have a Paystar waiting for a year in my room. Thanks in advance.

I think im DONE with plumbing for now..... well at least as far as the chassis goes. I also ventured into making a mesh style deck plate which I think turned out pretty good. now im itching to throw some color on the frame but im gonna restrain myself until the engine is fully mocked up. enough gabbing, here's some pics.

Hi Sam great good looking built so far!!! Question: did you use styrene sheet and C channel at the rear end? My appologies if I don't explain myself very well. I also have a Paystar waiting for a year in my room. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the kind words, I used the stock kit part for the rear most cross member, only I cut off the tabs from each side and moved it back to the very rear of the frame. Then I puttied up the holes left in the frame.

Thanks Sam Im going to get some oils and give it a go ;)

No problem Dave! Give it a go,the only other thing I will suggest is make sure it is "watery" and start in or on a corner and let it run from there, alsoake sure you get a good "drop" on your brush to start out with, otherwise you can tell where you start and stop so to speak.

Excellent work Sam. Ive been looking in, and I like this build. There is a lot of potential in these Paystar kits that is not often explored. It seems to be overlooked in the class of Autocars and Mack DM800s being built as heavy haulers. I like everything you have done so far. Im hoping it ends up with a big tough bumper up front. Keep truckin!

Sam,

What you have done thus far looks really good. And I agree with terry about the Paystar being over looked asa heavy hauler. I like them and have a few in my stash and the rebuild box to do. And I will be going back to this thread often when I do those builds.

Be Well

Gator

Excellent work Sam. Ive been looking in, and I like this build. There is a lot of potential in these Paystar kits that is not often explored. It seems to be overlooked in the class of Autocars and Mack DM800s being built as heavy haulers. I like everything you have done so far. Im hoping it ends up with a big tough bumper up front. Keep truckin!

Thanks Terry, I want a big burly bumper bit I can't decide what to do, I haven't seen anything that really jumped out at me, I guess I'll just have to start building one and go from there!