Model Cars Magazine Forum

1988ish Paystar 5000 (small update 10-4-15)

Sam,

That headache rack looks to be spot on !  I like it.

What did you use for the screen? I know that there are several options available for that look.

Be Well

Gator

Edited by gatorincebu

Brian- i thought about casting it, but the storage box at the bottom would pose a problem...i think, as well as the window mesh. But i would love to be able too.

Gator- thanks, i used frying pan splash guards. I got them at walmart and just cut out the mesh as i need it.

Sam,

I thought that might be what you used. i have some of that .I also have some other mesh I got from a craft outlet. have not used it as of yet. But there is enough on a roll to last forever and a day ! lol  Either way what you used looks really good.

Be Well

Gator

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small update, im starting to add the interior details, i gor my vent windows installed and the hood is painted in this pic, but right after taking the pic, i snapped another side hinge......again! While trying to reglue the hinge i also managed to leave a thumb print on the hood, cant win for loosin on this stinkin hood! Headache rack was assembled and the alclad was applied.......then the alclad started to crack in several places. After seeing the hood react the way it did today, i think i figured out why the alclad cracked, my base hadnt fully cured, oh well, heres a teaser pic till i can take some more later!

Ok, i need some opinions. I dont have another hood to give a comparison, but do you guys think i should stick with the flat black hood or should i go with a semi or even full gloss. Im partial to the flat because the front bumper is flat, but i would like to know your opinions. Keep in mind that the hood will be a little dirty! Thanks in advancr fellas!

Ok, i need some opinions. I dont have another hood to give a comparison, but do you guys think i should stick with the flat black hood or should i go with a semi or even full gloss. Im partial to the flat because the front bumper is flat, but i would like to know your opinions. Keep in mind that the hood will be a little dirty! Thanks in advancr fellas!

IMG_20151004_180618246_zpsipfjqc4y.jpg

Sam,

I like the way you  have now, and with a little road grime it will be perfect

Be Well

Gator!