Model Cars Magazine Forum

New here from Illinois

Just wanted to say hello. Joined here a while ago, just haven't posted..,

Built models when I was younger basically until I could drive. Just mainly muscle/hot rods. I'm now 30 and looking to get back into things. Sure has changed a lot since then. Just looking to learn and pick up as much info as I can here. There's tons of great builders I've admired on this forum. Right now I'm just trying to get equipment and supplies I need. I really want to learn how to airbrush someday but I plan to take it slow and get through a couple builds first.

Here's my work area/kit storage. Some of those were saved from my childhood, all the f1 stuff I just recently purchased. Buying kits sure is addictive lol.

post-13683-0-13308800-1424098975_thumb.j

post-13683-0-99514000-1424099093_thumb.j

Thank you all for the welcome :) if there's any others from illinois that have any model shop or show info let me know. I'm between Naperville and joliet, about 40mins from Chicago

Hi Derek...here we have nothing but a hobby lobby...they rarely ever get anything in and if they do its way later than others...bummer. Closet thing with any good shops is St.Louis,MO. from me..they have some good ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the welcome :) if there's any others from illinois that have any model shop or show info let me know. I'm between Naperville and joliet, about 40mins from Chicago

I live in Washington state now but was born in Bolingbrook and then moved to Aurora. My in-laws live in Naperville. Where exactly are you?

As far as shows/events, that area sure seems to have gotten a lot going since I left a couple years ago. http://www.ipmsusa.org/chapters/state_select.asp?ST=IL

That might be able to help you out. I think there is a big thing going on in Milwaukee soon: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98760

I always am searching for events to go to wherever I am.