Model Cars Magazine Forum

Second restoration, 1968 Shelby

landman

IMG_3057.jpg

The kit firewall is detailed, but it's all 100% bogus "detailing" that doesn't even come close to resembling the real car. The only thing that does look sort of close is the heater blower motor, so I'd cut that off and add it to the resin firewall. With a master cylinder and power booster and the spring tower braces, it will look pretty good when done.

-MJS

no worries.  It's looking great.  Ideally it should have the finned aluminum covers instead of the stamped steel cover anyway as the switch over on the 428 cj was feb 14 1969 on mustangs/ torinos  but shelby had their own finned covers on all big block cars. That's an easy change too ?

I don't have any finned ones si I'll just turn the stamped ones around. Hope you won't be too disappointed.:D

The kit firewall is detailed, but it's all 100% bogus "detailing" that doesn't even come close to resembling the real car. The only thing that does look sort of close is the heater blower motor, so I'd cut that off and add it to the resin firewall. With a master cylinder and power booster and the spring tower braces, it will look pretty good when done.

-MJS

You're correct Mike, a quick look at my own (driver's side shown here) showed what you're saying. However, it is already in the car and the resin inner fenders have been cut off. Like Fred, I hope you won't be too disappointed.

On 10/6/2015 at 10:51 AM, freakshow12 said:

A preview shot. A few touch ups and better photos and I'll call it done. Not much improvement over what I started with but at least it is a different color and somewhat shinier.

IMG_3090.JPG.25ea4786da0279018a761104885ba70c.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG.61c44d8641698ad7fd23bec654441ff1.JPG

Edited by landman