Model Cars Magazine Forum

You Can't Have Too Many Custom 1949 Mercurys!

Steve_L

This is the tenth one I have built and I have that many or more on my shelves remaining to be completed. I have collected over 10,000 digital images of custom 1949 Mercurys and have not seen one done with custom rolled pans front AND rear. So that is the direction I went with this project. I combined a Revell Custom 1949 Mercury styrene donor kit and a Modelhaus resin body for this build. I lowered the chassis further for the stance I wanted and used True-Spoke rims with Pegasus tires. I installed 1955 Chrysler grille bars in the front and rear rolled pans and added 1950 Ford taillight lenses to the rear. I chromed the engine and transmission with Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome and invited my wife Dianne to choose the body color. She responded with Copper Pot, a nail polish by Sinful Colors. I used Rustoleum clear over that and polished it to the glossy finish I wanted. The quality of the Modelhaus resin body was superb and helped make this the fun project it was!

IMG_7426-vi.jpg

IMG_7427-vi.jpg

IMG_7428-vi.jpg

IMG_7429-vi.jpg

IMG_7430-vi.jpg

IMG_7431-vi.jpg