Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Nova "Beverly Hills Cop" Revell 1/25

TROOPERFRANCO

Very nice work on the Nova! With the weathered body and big clean V8, it's a perfect car for the Cannonball Run! See details in this thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96893

To create dents in plastic, I think your hair dryer did not get hot enough to let you dent the doors. I use a small open flame, I used to use a small lighter, but now I like to use a small candle, what we call a birthday candle. I hold the car body over the candle briefly, then I dent in the plastic with something metal, I have been using an old Matchbox car. This works well, but of course takes some practice.

Carlos, that's really looking good and your effort to make it look realistic shows. If I may offer one tip: the molded copyright information on the chassis looks out of place on such a well-detailed model. It would be difficult to remove now, without a lot of extra work, but it's something to think about for your future builds.

Very nice work on the Nova! With the weathered body and big clean V8, it's a perfect car for the Cannonball Run! See details in this thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96893

To create dents in plastic, I think your hair dryer did not get hot enough to let you dent the doors. I use a small open flame, I used to use a small lighter, but now I like to use a small candle, what we call a birthday candle. I hold the car body over the candle briefly, then I dent in the plastic with something metal, I have been using an old Matchbox car. This works well, but of course takes some practice.

Carlos, that's really looking good and your effort to make it look realistic shows. If I may offer one tip: the molded copyright information on the chassis looks out of place on such a well-detailed model. It would be difficult to remove now, without a lot of extra work, but it's something to think about for your future builds.

Thank you, and you are right. Unfortunately i realiced that when i painted and detailed the chassis. For sure in my future models that won't happen. Im learning with all of your advices. Thanks for the time.

I had to go back and look for it. <_<

Where it is at, I'd just sand it off. That area of the car would surely be covered in dirt, mud or rust anyway.