[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 67 Biscayne

Oh yeah I was wrong!
  3. I'm using regular wrapping vinyl.
  4. Chief Joseph @ FB Modelworks is head and shoulders above the others in all respects in every area he deems to tackle and produce for our hobbies. The attention to detail and accuracy is exquisite, overall design/build plus cost per piece cannot be beaten. While I have not personally purchased every item he produces what I have done I can say nothing but superlatives. I wish we had a hundred more like him.
  5. Next up Revell 1968 Dodge Charger

After my build of the 1970 Buick GS I am now going to be building the Revell Special Edition 1968 Dodge Charger. I am planning on doing it showroom stock in a color similar to the one shown on the box. Love these 1968-70 Chargers.
  6. Hasegawas Lamborghini Miura SV

After seeing this, I am just that much more disappointed with the Italeri Miura (ESCI rebox) kit. This one looks so much better!
  7. Twenty five bucks to cut a cake.😡

I was going to say. I wish I could find a good restaurant that can feed 8 for $200! Especially if there was wine involved. I guess it all depends on the restaurant. I've heard of restaurants charging a fee for this kind of thing before, so I'm not surprised at all. As someone above said, it's like a corkage fee. However, if you called ahead of time and asked specificially about a charge for the service and were told no, and then you got a charge for it? Entirely unacceptable. Unfortunately, google reviews are about your only recourse here.
  8. Buddy Baker's 1980 Oldsmobile 442 in 1/25th scale.

It's about time to lock this thread because it has went and ran it's course,I get it and understand to many that don't like the fact the kit has many issues and then there are others who are just happy to have a "new" kit but it has become a bash thread not only about the design and research of the model but to the members who don't or do like it.
  9. Buddy Baker's 1980 Oldsmobile 442 in 1/25th scale.

Don't worry folks, it has the ability to collect dust on the shelf just like all the other models, including Tamiya!
  10. I have done so Joe! To Greg & Mike: WOW!!! Greg, first, thank you for the kind words on the detail of my work but let me return the same to you on what you are doing in the arena of the casting work. Perhaps with a LOT of practice and the expenditure of a great number of resources on my part, (in the immortal words of the great Eric "Otter" Stratton; "..It could take years, cost millions of lives...") then, I might be able to approach the level you occupy at this moment. That is what I feel makes this a great partnership. I do this part you do that part and what you do is every bit an art in and of itself as it is a science. Fantastic work Greg! And thank you too, Mike! Waiting to see what comes out of the molds next!
  11. Bud Bryan Hiboy - finished

Beautiful! I grew up reading about this car as it was built. Just needs one more detail: So here you go!
  12. Salvinos JR Monte Carlo

It's just a drawing, and not a good one, so I am sure this is not the final piece.
  13. Salvinos JR Monte Carlo

"dangerously small?" Methinks you exaggerate a little there. Yes, it looks like it needs tweaking, but i hardly think it's a catastrophic problem.
  14. hobby lobby

HL near me is wiped out of Sale kits. I picked up the last one, the Meng Lexington toon carrier, and that is all! Hoping the Dyno Cougar shows up on the re-stock
  15. Twenty five bucks to cut a cake.😡

You are correct there. It's not uncommon for the wife and I to spend $60.00 or $70.00 just for the two of us. Steve
  16. Buddy Baker's 1980 Oldsmobile 442 in 1/25th scale.

Okay, so I think we all get the picture here. The kit has a plethora of shortcomings and isn't an accurate representation of the real thing. Have I got that right? So how many times does that need to be said? I have a few thoughts. 1. the people who buy this kit are not idiots 2. is there a better option out there? 3. when built and displayed on a shelf, will this keep most NASCAR fans happy? 4. any more disparaging remarks about Rick Salvino and this thread gets shuttered. Did he get the kit right? Apparently not. But he is the only one I'm seeing stepping up, committing his own time and money in trying to get something to market that no one else is getting to market. If someone thinks they can do a better job, it sounds like everyone in this thread would love to see it. Someone above said they know a bad product when they seen one, and had all kinds of analogies about it. True enough, and that's the difference between being an armchair critic and being entreprenuerial. Having the gumption and drive to invest your time and money into something you're passionate about. If we're going to use analogies, it took the makers of WD40 forty tries to get it right. It took The ROlling Stones a few albums to get their sound right. Bill Gates' first computer was garbage. And I'm willing to bet that the first Revell or Tamiya kits were less than perfect too. Heck, nobody skewers Moebius like this for the shortcomings in their kits, which have been discussed here, but not with this kind of vitriol. Criticize the kit, not the person. 5. Maybe someone should build this kit, and document the fixes needed to make it accurate. Do a service for others. Or maybe just buy it, build it, display it, and enjoy it for what it is...the only option out there for this subject.
  17. Model car related abbreviation?

Question - can someone tell me what the "pau" means in the Under Glass heading? I've been wracking my brain every time I go there.
  18. 1/6 scale flying RC Constellation

Now, that makes sense! It would be a really cool diorama.
  19. Bud Bryan Hiboy - finished

Great looking roadster! This build has great style, one of the coolest high-boys I've seen in a long time. I'm loving the multi carb flattie. Well done.
  20. Japanese "kei" cars

Cool little machines. I really like the Mazda.
  21. ' 2 completely different kits ' What makes them different? Looked at AMT kits while I'm waiting and AMT has 'stamped steel' full wheelcovers. There was also a lot of Sreet Machine versions. I don't think that is in this package.
  22. Very nice. My father owned the body shop in a Chrysler dealer when I was growing up, an this looks very close to what I would have seen. Nice.
  23. Okay. This build is now number one on my hit parade after finishing my Willys. I got some time this weekend to finalize the wheelbase and carve up the fenders.
  24. Buddy Baker's 1980 Oldsmobile 442 in 1/25th scale.

"junk" is a ridiculously strong term and IMO it's completely unfair. To me the kit will be junk only if it doesn't look like a Nascar Olds once it's on my shelf. I don't get worked up about torsion bars or any of that stuff, but that's just me. Mine is on the way, and it it looks like an Olds I'll be happy. From what I've seen it will. it sure beats trying to hammer a resin body into submission. To each their own, but there's an awful lot of self-righteous chest-thumping here that doesn't seem warranted. Don't like the kit? Don't buy it. It's a hobby, not open-heart surgery.
  25. Today
  26. Really cool project. Now take it out and dirty it up! :-)
  1. Load more activity