Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Great to see the Silvia S110 done by Hasegawa! Now for the uglybug S10 to be offered by somebody..... Any shots of the sprues for the Tamiya 240Z? Interesting to know what options there might be with it, like a standard front end without spoiler?
  3. I'll preface this by saying that our local postal service people are great. They know their stuff, do a good job, and are very much part of our community That said, I see the underbelly of bulk mail malfunction. It's bad, and there's nothing I can do about it.
  4. Today
  5. I am all-too-familiar with doing things multiple times! One of the things I have always liked about building with brass, is the speed at which stuff can be assembled, and its immediate durability. Even though I have a resistance soldering unit that I am extremely happy to have, there are still times that the old Weller 40 watt iron is the better tool. I'm happy you've been able to gather some useful stuff from my posts! I am always glad to share!
  6. That's one thing I like about my gravity-feed brush. It is way easier to clean, no matter the paint! I just got a really great deal on a Badger 150-4, that should be here, Saturday. I bought it for the extra capacity of the bottles, for doing larger projects, like the paint coming up on my Badman.
  7. I've had good results with Gofer's decals, but I think their contingency "stickers" are a bit too large. Although I have heard some say they've had problems with some of Slixx's sheets, I've always had good luck, with them. I like that they have things like chassis certs, blower belt markings, etc. I am going to look at some of the other suggestions, here, though! Thanks, all, for sharing them!
  8. Thank you, David! Hey, why not, right?πŸ˜ƒ It's actually pretty easy. I did my first set in about 1975 with an MPC '68 'Cuda. When I do the assembly, I'll super glue them, but, it's nice to have the option while determining final ride height.
  9. Ahh I should have known. I have a few of your products and am a big fan. Just know I'd buy more from you if you reopen for business.
  10. The AMT 1956 thunderbird chassis is great. Separate floor, frame, exhaust and all suspension parts. I am actually looking forward to building that one at some point. I have decided to make the body, interior & engine look great and do the best I can with the chassis on this build.
  11. Thank you, Claude. πŸ™‚ Thank you, David. There sure were some well done models there. Thank you, Jeff. πŸ™‚
  12. I went to the site and typed "FXRT" into the search bar and came up with what I posted earlier. I'm currently waiting for some info from my brother so I can compile a list of the bikes and their respective parts needs.
  13. Still wandering... Wed, May 8 12:00am In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late Tue, May 7 12:00am In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late Hasn't even reached Omaha yet, where every one of my packages gets held up for at least one additional day.
  14. Simply incredible! The diorama is superb too. And Great photography!
  15. The KFC livery looks very nice, and the overall finish is excellent. Great work!
  16. Can-Con, thanks for taking the time to do the research etc. Unless I'm missing something (always a possibility) the wheels in the MPC '57 Corvette gasser kit are the same as the ones in the Mustang SVO kit I posted. Would you agree? More importantly, I'm still wanting to know if any resin caster offers them.
  17. Super realistic and beautiful! I really like the natural weathered paint tone too!
  18. This one is super sharp! Extensive bodywork it’s showing off nicely here. Good job!
  19. If Andy does these, for your model, you know you've done good!πŸ™‚
  20. Do you, by any chance mean silvering? That occurs with decals over flat paint. Armor and Aircraft modelers will usually shoot a coat of gloss, before applying decals, then flat coat, afterwards, to eliminate silvering, which occurs because of air trapped between the decal film, and the rough, uneven surface of matte paint. I don't know if that's what you're experiencing, but it sounds like it might be?
  21. Neat old Ford but wow look at those two UFOs in the sky! πŸ˜‰
  22. The Revell '57 Ford is better for the chassis and parts than the AMT, I believe.
  23. So stoked for this stock DeLorean; for years and years I was tempted to un-BTTF kits I saw, but so glad I held out for the real deal. Thank you Aoshima.
  1. Load more activity