#21 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Cool video !   PBS last Monday night Had a program on Henry Ford from the beginning to the end of his life as well as his Son Edsel Ford. 

This video gave me a whole new impression of Henry Ford only not in a good way.  The way he bullied his son  Edsel was shameful.  You never get this side of the story from most accounts.  I was aware of his hatred of Unions however, and how he tried to fight them. I wasn't aware of he how he fired most of his top men and at the same time always taking credit for all their work as though it was his.  Never knew he was such a raciest either. I lost a lot of respect for the man.   :mellow:  

#22 Gramps2u

Gramps2u

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Hitchcock

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

This video gave me a whole new impression of Henry Ford only not in a good way.  The way he bullied his son  Edsel was shameful.  You never get this side of the story from most accounts.  I was aware of his hatred of Unions however, and how he tried to fight them. I wasn't aware of he how he fired most of his top men and at the same time always taking credit for all their work as though it was his.  Never knew he was such a raciest either. I lost a lot of respect for the man.   :mellow:  

Amen to that!  I was absolutely shocked to say the least. :o

#23 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Those who enjoyed the linked assembly line video might enjoy this 'site, too: http://theoldmotor.com/?cat=11