Jump to content


whale392

Member Since 26 Aug 2008
Offline Last Active Jun 15 2013 06:20 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Turning the Coupe

15 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

005-15_zps3e770bfa.jpg

 

014-12_zpscb864782.jpg

 

Cut the brake booster off and will be filling the hole. A 99 Cobra model will be giving up its Hydroboost brakes, drivetrain, and IRS/exhaust for this Coupe.

 

015-13_zpscc0e62ca.jpg

 

With minimal angle change (not done here yet) the 99 Cobra exhaust fits nicely to the Coupe. There is a 99 Cobra IRS cradle sitting up there as well, behind the Corvette ZR1 wheels. The wheels will get a lip job and will be used on this build too.


In Topic: Turning the Coupe

15 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Ok, body #2. Removed the door window casings and the quarter windows. Cut the top, added .060" styrene to the legs, and glued the roof back on. 

 

002-15_zpsfc256c5d.jpg

 

003-14_zpse62cf79b.jpg

 

004-16_zps0271c260.jpg

 

006-12_zpse5ec2d0a.jpg

 

007-12_zpse2ccc8a5.jpg

 

008-12_zpsba7fe2c9.jpg

 

009-13_zps5461f86d.jpg

 

013-13_zps861bdab8.jpg

 

 

I will be adding the needed .080" styrene to the quarter windows and door window casings and gluing them back in after the rest of the major body work is done. Even though my measurements say the roof length was dead-nuts on, I went ahead and shortened the roof skin just enough to get everything to line back up. I also took .080" styrene and glued/shaped it to the rear lip of the rear wheel well opening and used .404" at its front edge. The rear bumper has also been shortened about .020"-030".


In Topic: Turning the Coupe

15 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

About time I get home and am able to show some of what I have done. I have 3 Coupes going right now, with a 4th cut into a Hatch. Work is not the best, nor is the photography.

 

001-9_zps63604226.jpg

 

Took the roof off right above the window moldings (after removing the door window casings, to be glued back in when the major body work is done). Looks a bit rough right now, but it will be OK once all of the work is done to finish it up.

 

012-8_zpsc7be48ce.jpg[/URL

 

[URL=http://s269.photobucket.com/user/whale392/media/011-12_zps518603d9.jpg.html]011-12_zps518603d9.jpg

 

 

 

Adding the styrene blocks to the front and rear of the rear wheel well openings. Got a bit carried away and had to re-add/sand material there.

 

This is the first body. Second body to follow.


In Topic: Revell 1990 Mustang LX with increased headroom.

15 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Looking good, Mike. I am doing the trunk right now with some .040" half round.


In Topic: 1975 Dodge Dart Sport by MPC

13 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

So, this combined with the AMT 71 Duster kit= Nice 75 Dart!