Model Cars Magazine Forum

Janis Joplin's Porsche 356C and Janis figure...

Brizio

oh man both ulgy. should be easier to paint the car,. time to sing some Chris Christopherson now.

I never paint mural stile, so for me it is kind of challenging. :) I know Janis Joplin was not a top model, but she was a singer... The 356 in this contest, (JJ car) I like, I prefer a Coupe over a Cabriolet myself. :) But if I get a Cabriolet for free, I will not refuse it... :D

Oh Yeah ... I want to see you do Janis' paint job!

Me too... :D I still need to decide if paint it like when JJ own it, after it was stolen, or after the restouration...

This will be a really hard paint job to pull. I don't know if you can find the proper referrence material to replicate it and this is before even involving one's ability to do it.

About Janis' looks, she lived at a time when for a performer it was way more important how they sing than how they looked. Unfortunately that concept has been long lost with today's "music stars".

Good luck with the paint. I would really love to see you pull it off.

This will be a really hard paint job to pull. I don't know if you can find the proper referrence material to replicate it and this is before even involving one's ability to do it.

About Janis' looks, she lived at a time when for a performer it was way more important how they sing than how they looked. Unfortunately that concept has been long lost with today's "music stars".

Good luck with the paint. I would really love to see you pull it off.

I have different pictures from different angle of the real car during the years. I need to look a the picture, kind of study them, to find a point where I can start. Will see...:)

Agree on today music stars.

Thanks!

wow this sure took a sharp left into the Twilight Zone! I love it and if Janis was here to see it she would love it too I betcha!

Saw her once going up the Marin side of Waldo Grade approach to the Golden Gate bridge, me and a buddy of mine in my 54 MGTF. she waved and smiled at us as she passed us going up the hill. Fun times.

jb

Wow!

Thanks Adam! :)

wow this sure took a sharp left into the Twilight Zone! I love it and if Janis was here to see it she would love it too I betcha!

Saw her once going up the Marin side of Waldo Grade approach to the Golden Gate bridge, me and a buddy of mine in my 54 MGTF. she waved and smiled at us as she passed us going up the hill. Fun times.

jb

Thank yo JB! That's a pretty cool piece of memory saying her driving the 356!

If you're really serious about reference for this car, pop in to the Whitney next time you're in NYC. The car is parked downstairs just outside the museum's café.

And yeah, give Cheap Thrills a spin and you're reminded of what an original Janis Joplin was in her day. And today. Think of what female performers were recording back then, when Janis hit the scene. Wow!

If you're really serious about reference for this car, pop in to the Whitney next time you're in NYC. The car is parked downstairs just outside the museum's café.

And yeah, give Cheap Thrills a spin and you're reminded of what an original Janis Joplin was in her day. And today. Think of what female performers were recording back then, when Janis hit the scene. Wow!

I have a lot of reference form the car, but will be cool see it in person. Thanks! :)

Awsome job I saw a 356 earlier today I was stunned

Cool! I saw one a couple of weeks ago, a old man was driving it. It was a coupe. Thanks!

That's going to look real cool when it's finished. I've never seen anyone attempt a paint job like that. After you finish you need to find a Rolls kit and do John Lennon's psychedelic paint job. :)

Will see if my eyes are still working after paint this... :D Thank you!!!