Model Cars Magazine Forum

super detailing .... kit bashing ... do you log book your hours ..

I don't necessarily log the hours, but I do very often maintain a build-log with notes, sketches, ideas, changes, dimensions, photos, web-addresses of research results, etc. I usually have lots of builds going, some quite complicated ones that I'll set aside for possibly months...and I'd never be able to pick up where I left off without detailed notes.

And it's all part of the "fun" to me. :D

I have been keeping track of the hours on my 1/16th Scale Army Vega Funny Car. first build I have really done that to. I created a spreadsheet in Excel that has the date, description and hours I log for this build. I know kind of nerdy but I wanted to see how much time I put in this when it is all said and done. Currently I am over the 1200 hour mark.... Yes I am nuts... :lol::lol:

Edited by Mooneyzs

"Noone?" As in Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits???

That's his name...I heard "Mrs Brown...." on the radio by Herman's Hermits and couldn't remember his name. I knew it wasn't Herman

thanx

plus I do not keep track of the time spent on a model, but I do like Cranky's idea of keeping notes on a build and try to take photos during the build in case I might do a write up on it.

I don't necessarily log the hours, but I do very often maintain a build-log with notes, sketches, ideas, changes, dimensions, photos, web-addresses of research results, etc. I usually have lots of builds going, some quite complicated ones that I'll set aside for possibly months...and I'd never be able to pick up where I left off without detailed notes.

And it's all part of the "fun" to me. :D

I'll second that. I don't even know if I could build a box-stock snap kit without notes of some sort.

I usually jot down ideas, figure sizes in scale if scratchbuilding, sometimes doodle a sketch of the general direction I'm hoping to go, but keep track of the hours I put in.....never happened...never will. I build because I enjoy the time I spend with the models, not how much time I spend having fun.