Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

I got to see this work of art today and there are no words that can describe how nice it is. It was really good to get to chat with you bill. Hope to see you soon. Keep up the good work

hey Andy, it was a fun day for sure, it was great to visit with you, all ways enjoy that and seeing your beautiful work in person! thanks so much, really appreciate it bro!

Hey Bill,

I just received my first ever issue of MCM today.And, wow man, I didn't realize all the work you put into the California Charger slingshot dragster. Another GREAT build! AND, we both made the pages!!! All I can say is I'm honored! Congrats on the article, and exellent work my friend.

Corey Jackson

hi Corey, I have't got my issue yet and it's killing me! LOL, I am honered as well, and congrats to you my friend!

thank you Jon!

Thanks Bill.

Hang in there buddy, hopefully very soon!

I got mine in the mail yesterday.

I am very happy that they honored your build like they did in there man.

You totally deserve for your work to be published. And that's not me just being a friend by saying that.

I REALLY mean it.

Your work is astonishing.

Corey

I have a small update, I got the waist gates done and installed, still need to run some oil lines to the turbos, and a couple lines to the waist gates, I all so added some weld to the intake plenum, still need to make a starter and dip stick and do a few more details and this thing is finally about done! I took it to Omaha to a show this weekend so I added some temporary exhaust to give it a more finished look.IMG_1295-vi.jpgIMG_1296-vi.jpgIMG_1294-vi.jpg thanks for looking!

Ditto on that one.

Corey

here here!!! would love to learn that, even thou i just own a lathe need to save up for the mill now, and i agree when someone else said earlier you should get featured in the mcm mag on maching skills very tight and totally awesome work.

Bill.....MCM should do a article just on this engine......man,that`s BEAUTIFUl.......I`m jealous that I did not get to see it too.

John, man you are way too kind, and I really appreciate you supporting me and every one on this great forum, a true gentleman, and an outstanding creator of models! we all look up to you my friend!

Your killing it Bill, work of art. What size is that wire your using for the weld beads?

thanks Joe, I believe it was 26 guage

here here!!! would love to learn that, even thou i just own a lathe need to save up for the mill now, and i agree when someone else said earlier you should get featured in the mcm mag on maching skills very tight and totally awesome work.

hey Darren, you can do all this stuff on your mill, do some research on it, I used my lathe before I got my mill on my last build, thanks for looking in!

yea Bill, i have to agree with john, MCM should do an article on this engine!

one question for ya, how did you do those welds? ive been making welds from really thin plastic rod, and just touching it with a soldering iron. yours look way better than any weld i have ever done.....what are you using buddy? thanks in advance!

cheers

bryan

one question for ya, how did you do those welds? ive been making welds from really thin plastic rod, and just touching it with a soldering iron. yours look way better than any weld i have ever done.....what are you using buddy? thanks in advance!

Yep, did you use MIG or TIG Welding? :lol:

Really, fantastic work. I'd like to see this in person too, but the distance it bit too long. :huh:

yea Bill, i have to agree with john, MCM should do an article on this engine!

cheers

bryan

hey Bryan, its just some decorative wire that I C.A. glued on, thanks bro!

I posted a vid you should see. Every time I see your engine, this is what I think of. Its in general disc inder the thread "Start saving fewer pennies"

Corey

yea Corey I have been droooooling over them for a long time! they are the coolest ever, would love to have one! you have to be a REAL machinest to build something like that, that leaves me out!

Bill... you are doing outstanding work my friend. that engine is just besutiful and a work of art. you have some killer talents man. The more i see this build and please forgive me for not always checking in on the progress lately. I have been sick the past 2 weeks.but I really just need to spend the money and get tue lathe i have been eying for a while now.

I would love to see an artile on this in MCM as well. Your work is beautiful bud! Sure hope I get the chance to see it in person some day.

Edited by Mooneyzs