Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Mercury Comet Cyclone GT

Mr Stock

Hi all this is the latest model Ive completed.

This is the AMT kit which dates from the mid 90s I think, it was a great kit to put together, highly recommend it.
I tried to paint it as close to factory Glacier Blue as possible, this one was built as part of an online community build on YouTube in the "Box stock" category, so this is built just with what comes in the box, no added detailing was allowed, hence the lack of spark plug wires etc.

Hope you like her......

Gary

mobfeb12267.jpg

mobfeb12260.jpgmobfeb12259.jpg2014-11-08193533.jpgmobfeb12270.jpgmobfeb12268.jpg2014-11-23210040.jpg

Edited by Mr Stock

Nice job on what can be a difficult kit in a couple areas (which is why I've never finished mine). Well done and model on!

Thanks Snake, the only part that gave me grief on this kit was the final assembly, the chassis does not want to sit where its supposed to, there are two tabs on the front bumper which I cut off and I was then able to move the chassis forward enough to look "correct" .

Apart from that it was a nice kit, I think its very similar to the Fairlane kits that AMT produced in the same era.

Looks great. I've been messing with the same Merc and trying to keep it true to box stock. It's tough for me not to add some of them pesky little details. This kit is justa beggin for some extra love

Chuck believe me this kit is definitely begging for added detail, I was tied with the rules of the community build, but if I did another I would probably go all out, it was a great kit.