Model Cars Magazine Forum

Seriously kool Beetle-based rod ideas

Called Volksrods.

Really? Honest? They have a name and everything? Wowee gee whiz. ;)

Just FYI...yeah, I know. But thanks. I'm not busting your chops. Guess I shoulda been more specific.

I wasn't looking for the done-to-death Volksrods, but something a little more imaginative and challenging. :)

You'll notice, please, the first 2 cars and the last one are front-engined. The one in post #2 has some skills in evidence on the unusual hard-top chop, too.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I know it's an R/C, but here's one I did this summer. The Baja Bug body is made for the truck version of this platform and had full fenders, so I had to chop the fronts off and bob the rears some.

20140809_215238_zpsdujbojln.jpg

20140809_215305_zpsl0lx3pbo.jpg

20140809_215025_zpsk0v27xds.jpg

what scale is this and where did you get the wheels?

thanks.

what scale is this and where did you get the wheels?

thanks.

The car is a Traxxas "1/16" Ford Fiesta (now discontinued, but shares 95% of it's parts with the "1/16" Slash 4x4), using a Proline Baja Bug body for the 1/16 E-Revo (same chassis, different suspension parts), then the rolling stock is from HPI Racing's line of Vintage Trans Am wheels, tires, and bodies with all 4 being 1.9" tall rims then the fronts are 26mm wide and the rears are 31mm wide.

The car is a Traxxas "1/16" Ford Fiesta (now discontinued, but shares 95% of it's parts with the "1/16" Slash 4x4), using a Proline Baja Bug body for the 1/16 E-Revo (same chassis, different suspension parts), then the rolling stock is from HPI Racing's line of Vintage Trans Am wheels, tires, and bodies with all 4 being 1.9" tall rims then the fronts are 26mm wide and the rears are 31mm wide.

thanks for the info, I was drooling around their site thinking of possible uses for their vintage style wheels and tires.