Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 454 - Misty Turquoise

RandyB.

Had this kit sitting around for some time partially finished so I decided to get it done. Painted in MCW factory colour "Misty Turquoise" with Fireball Modelworks tire decals. Encountered a few fit issues particularly with the installation of the front bumper/grille. Also the red taillights had to be trimmed considerably in order to fit the bezels and the hood is not the greatest fit either. Had to get the 454ci decal for the air cleaner from my parts box since none came with the kit. Anyway, have a look a see what you think.

AMT1970ChevroletMonteCarloSS454a_zps70a5

AMT1970ChevroletMonteCarloSS454b_zps9990

AMT1970ChevroletMonteCarloSS454c_zps32c9

AMT1970ChevroletMonteCarloSS454d_zpse9f9

Edited by RandyB.

Wow!!! One of my favorite GM products and in the prettiest colour that they came in IMHO!!! You really did that one nicely and it looks sweet. Have you considered another in that colour but with a white vinyl roof and white interior? Or black?? Those cars, like most of that era, look so good with a vinyl roof.. Good job on building your car stock - there is niothing that can be done to those first generation Monte Carlos that can in any way mprove on the factory, stock look. Sweet!!!!!

Nice looking Monte Carlo Randy! That color looks really nice on it. Looks like it's pretty close to Model Master's Artesian Turquoise. Concerning the grille and front bumper, is there any way to remove material from the back side of the grille and get it to slide back a little farther? If I ever do get around to building mine, I think I'll separate the grille from the bumper. The grille kinda looks like it's molded too far out onto the bumper anyway. Thanx for the heads up!