Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trans Am Type K

X-trim

Fantastic!

I love these things, and I've never had a chance to see one built before!

Wagons rock. T/As rock. Therefore, Kammaback (sp?) rocks!

Well-built and well-finished!

They were kind of a curbside kit but those never bother me there just as good as the others in my opinion...I love wagons and TAs too once owned a 75 and a 82.

is that the u.s. airfix "snapfix" kits?

i have 3 variations of the 81/ 82 foxbody cobra mustangs i am kitbashing together right now very cool kits don't see them often on e-bay interesting thing is is as a kid i had a "green" and black moulded plastic version with (Lindberg) on the box i've seen that mustang pop up periodically on e-bay not too often tho appears to be the same kit as the airfix ones......

Yet furthermore i want to say "testors" reissued a couple of these kits like the "cowboy camaro" and one of the trans ams

were reissued under testors, same basic curbside like kits with minimal parts plastic tires and axles etc. i will try and get a pic of the bottom of my boxes to show all the 16 different models offered all probly rather rare??

who has the molds now?

I have the Lindberg kit of this car (#6507 1984). Even though it doesn't say it's a snap-together...it is.

attachicon.gifLindberg Firebird Sportwagon 01 box top.jpg

its funny you posted that because i may have just mentioned it in my post above, if not above i mentioned it in another post elsewhere, I had a green and black moulded kit of the "turbo" mustang cobra from "lindberg" it was the same kit as the "airfix" kit

so i'm going to assume lindberg had these molds first? then came along airfix? or is it vice versa the lindberg is the more recent versions? its hard to say, but i did have a "testors" camaro kit and it is the "cowboy camaro" pictured above..... testors also has at least 2-3 0ther kits like these snap kits like a firebird version something else too i think?

sometimes you see the testors kits being sold in sets of 3's on flea bay