Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Ferrari 348tb

bigbluesd

Won this on eBay for $0.99 plus shipping, my first non-Revell/AMT/etc. kit. It was partially started (they had pretty much finished the suspension/chassis so I didn't bother redoing any of that, wanted it to be a quick build because I had been heavily involved in my last one and I get bored quickly when something sits on the bench for too long) and for some reason it smelled like an 11-year old girl, like a bottle of strawberry something exploded in its vicinity. I was excited to put the primer on to get rid of that stench.

Had to clean up some glue gore where they had put the mirrors on with what appeared to be a glob of plastic cement (as the door trim there was melted), other than that it was fairly clean. Also I opened up the vents on the hood, that took a while.

Paint is Duplicolor from the can, clear is also Duplicolor from the can. Wheels are Testor's Metallizer aluminum, I was really proud of those, they look perfect in comparison to the reference photos I found online.

Overall I'm satisfied although it could have been sanded/polished better (still trying to get the hang of that) and my panel lines look sloppy and rough where I deepened them (any suggestions for that? I'm using dental tools).

BAlifbR.jpg

I3NFCj3.jpg

l5R4HDP.jpg

DPfZXWq.jpg

m7W40Hq.jpg

GemD3VX.jpg

Edited by bigbluesd

Thanks for the compliments.

Very well done.

I just don't understand why did you paint the whole engine hood black?

DOH. To be honest I thought it was supposed to be black. Not sure why I didn't catch that looking at reference photos. Just checked the instructions and they say nothing about it being black either. I guess it just seemed right to me? This is a Ferrari 248tbBB, it's pretty obscure. The BB stands for BigBlue, special edition. With black engine hood. Yeah, that's it.