Model Cars Magazine Forum

Holly Farms Laguna S3, Cale Yarborough

bbowser

Finally finished, been working on this one off and on since Christmas. I cut the back of the chassis off the Model King re-issue and grafted on an AMT 90's Cup car rear to get the truck arm-coil spring suspension. Decals from Cady, I tried doubling up the door numbers but the red stripe still bled through. Oh well, there's always something.

Hope you enjoy, comments welcome.

SAM_1865.jpg

SAM_1866.jpg

SAM_1867.jpg

SAM_1868.jpg

SAM_1869.jpg

SAM_1870.jpg

SAM_1871.jpg

Here's the link (I hope) to the WIP

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54419

Edited by bbowser

It turned out really nice Bruce . I was following your build and you did an excellent job ! I wouldn't worry about the stripe bleeding thru , most people won't even notice . Besides , you learned something , and that's always a good thing !

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I stretched myself on this one as I usually build OOB and learned some lessons on the way. I am inspired by all the great builders on here and have more plans in my head than I can possibly complete.

Cool Laguna Chevelle. I like the subject alot and paint job turned out amazing. Decals fit nicely too, engine looks clean etc. Clean build without big mistakes. Thanks for sharing this one.