Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steve McQueen's Ferrari to be Auctioned

here:
Articles >
Steve McQueen's Ferrari 275 GTB/4 To Be Auctioned In Monterey

Steve McQueen's Ferrari 275 GTB/4 To Be Auctioned In Monterey

Actor purchased the car while filming Bullitt

ferrari-mcqueen-1_zps6e356ea0.jpg

The 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 will cross the block during the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance (Julian Mackie, Classic & Sports Car).

We know from many, many years of watching classic car auctions, that there are certain qualities that ensure big money. For example, putting tiny silver horses and/or yellow badges on a red car will probably bring in a lot of cash. This is doubly true if said car hails from the 1950s or 1960s, and it's triply true if some dude drove it around in circles or if a celebrity owned it. That, friends, is how you make the serious dosh at auction.

Considering that, we should expect big, big things when this 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 crosses the block at the big RM Auctions event during the festivities surrounding the 2014 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

Terrence Steven McQueen, better known as Steve McQueen and even better known as the coolest actor of the 1960s and 1970s, originally purchased this car while filming Bullitt in San Francisco, which should provide a big boost to its sale price.

As previously reported, this car has undergone a full restoration and has received its certification from the team at Ferrari Classiche. Beyond that, though, we're kind of in the dark about this beauty. We don't even have a rough guess of how much it'll go for.

That's where you come in. Considering that the price of classic Ferraris is increasing with all the regularity of Old Faithful, how much do you think McQueen's 275 will call for when it hits the stage in August? Head into Comments and let us know.

This article originally appeared on Autoblog.

Edited by slusher

I'd love to get my hands on one of the 1/12th scale 275's...

It's a stinker. Proportions are wrong all over. It's like someone designed a kit using an artist's rendering for reference.

Regarding the value of the car, I think the recent sale of another 275GTB for 27 million bucks will drive up bidding on this one.

From what I understand, there aren't any good 1/24th/1/25 kits of the 275GTB? Always wanted to build the one in that Ryan O'Neal TV movie.

I may be wrong on this.However this car was previously Auctioned a few years back. By Steve McQueen Jr, aka Little Stevie.

There's no Steve McQueen, Jr. - are you thinking of Chad McQueen? He's Steve's only son (and doesn't look much like him).

As for the car, it'll probably go for $eleventy-two jillion. :rolleyes:

Edited by ChrisBcritter

It's a stinker. Proportions are wrong all over. It's like someone designed a kit using an artist's rendering for reference.

Regarding the value of the car, I think the recent sale of another 275GTB for 27 million bucks will drive up bidding on this one.

That was a one owner, 275GTB NART Spyder. One of 10 built. That being said, I think this one will go for $10-15 Million.

Edited by cartpix

That was a one owner, 275GTB NART Spyder. One of 10 built. That being said, I think this one will go for $10-15 Million.

Correct about the NART Spyder. It was on an episode of Chasing Classic Cars earlier this year. I too, think McQueen's 275 will go for $12-15million... Easy. Rare car & rarer owner ??