Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Fiat from Double Dragster kit.

unclescott58

"From the Land of Sky Blue Waters" is my little AMT Fiat sponsored by the one time local St. Paul, MN brewery Hamm's. Even though I don't drink, I couldn't resist making this car as being sponsored by Hamm's Beer. I bought a set of Gofer Racing decals. Very nice decals by the way. And here were the old Hamm's Beer logos with the beloved Hamm's Bear mascot. I couldn't help my self. I had to do it. The "Sky Blue" color is Tamiya Light Metallic Blue, TS-54.

She is pretty much done. Just need to apply a coat of Future floor wax and that should be it.

I hope you like her. Any constructive criticism, good or bad is welcome. Any questions are welcome.

Scott Aho

post-10661-0-46193700-1399717411_thumb.j

post-10661-0-91370300-1399717451_thumb.j

post-10661-0-07707800-1399717493_thumb.j

post-10661-0-36917900-1399717533_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Scott,

I love the Fiat Altered. I think the blue you chose is killer, I'm happy to see the car in a different color, but I like a good dark blue anyway! Your's is a good blue.

I have the kit too, and I read it's from 1962. My best buddy back then, a year older, lived across the street. He bought it but gave up on it because he really wasn't in to model building. I was just beginning, my older brother had already a small fleet of ships. I liked cars. This was the first kit I ever bought by myself! I was 11.

Thanks for posting, I think we both have similar views.

Michael

By the way, what's cookin' in the background of your pics? The dragster from the kit?

Michael

Yea, it's the streamlined dragster from the same kit. Finished it shortly after. I believe I posted photos of that kit in a seperate thread. I've have since purchased a second kit. I plan on building the the side-by-side double engine dragster. And the Parts Pack T body is going on the Fiat chassis.

Scott