Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kit Cars, Clones and Replicas in scale

First off I realize there is really no agreeable definition of these terms. So lets just get to the model kits that represent these types of cars. :o

A resent reissue, AMT's Piranha Super Spy Car got me thinking about these cars. International_Hobbycraft_06.jpg another "Kit Car" from IMC, the AvengermX9xJteo9njczgLuQQxRqEQ.jpg Another old hard to find Replica ? from Bandi , the Excalibur, 718294602_o.jpgMonogram%202737%20Spyder.JPGil_fullxfull.318256410.jpg639e964246e7515a47baed9bc2d504b5.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

Revell VW Rolls

Granturismo

Gypsy Dune Buggy

Stationwagon Buggy

Shalaco

AMT Lill Bo! Weevil

Meyers Manx

Meyers Tow'd

Sand 'T' Buggy These are all VEE DUB based cars

Monogram SandCrab

MPC Sand Shark

Barris "T" Buggy

Kyote Dune Buggy

Take me awhile to put pictures with these, but they're out there. ;)

Edited by Greg Myers

I finally have closure on a part I've been perplexed about! B)

The Pintera nosepiece! Found one a while ago and had wondered what in the what it was! Thanks!

Looks like the original was a little different. Called the Pangra.Pint-Sized-Pantera-1973-Ford-Pangra-Pint39455-500-0.jpg?rev=1AMT-T-225-3.jpg39456-500-0.jpg?rev=1

Edited by Greg Myers

Interesting topic, one of my planned projects are a Cobra with a VW floorpan, engine and drivetrain.

But for information, the Excalibur was never a kitcar. It was built from various parts sources but never sold as a kit. A friend of mine has a early SS roadster and that has Studebaker frame, Corvette engine, GM masterbrakecylinder and Dunlop discbrakes from a Jaguar XK140.

Another kitcar in kit form is the Tamiya Lotus Super Seven:

tamiya-lotus-super-7-series-ii.jpg

And the Tamiya 1:12 Caterham Super Seven

129915-10911.jpg

The Avenger was a kit produced by Fiberfab, in the early 60's. It was based on a VW & was a Ford GT clone. They also had a kit, with a custom frame, that used a mid mounted V8. It didn't have anything to do with the Avenger TV series. It was just named Avenger.

Jeff

The Fiberfab Avenger GT http://www.avenger-valkyrie.org/general.htm quintessential kit car of the '60's , certainlly following design ques from the Le Mans Ford GT40's.Had nothing to do with the TV show.

These were for the most part VW "rebodies".Earlier kit cars of this eilk were built on stock Ford, Studebaker or even Jeep chassis with V8 power.

Kellison GT Austin_Healey_100-6_Jamaican.jpg

Astra f3-1024x587.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers