Model Cars Magazine Forum

Minor progress update, tires are done and the frame is primered, I think I'm going to paint the cab and frame yellow, with the hood and sleeper in flat black. Also are there any good pictures of what the cyclopac filters looked like on one of these, I'm thinking about fabricating one.

Another update today. Frame is painted, found a good orange to use instead of yellow, got the small tank put together. I'm also including a picture of the finished tires. The suspension parts are going to be red, just to break up the monotony an all orange frame could bring.

post-15188-0-66466000-1428511356_thumb.j

post-15188-0-40793000-1428511409_thumb.j

post-15188-0-45316400-1428511465_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

I like this build! The Road Boss is one of my favorite trucks, but I love all the workhorses. I've fabricated a few of those round air breathers myself using the tube from an ink pen. Those breathers vary some which gives you room to make the one that suits you best.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more work done, progress is slow as I got a job last week which has taken up some free time. I have the frame complete and all the tanks installed. The battery box has been detailed and the engine is finally in, courtesy of some custom mounts. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 3 months later...

Got some more work done, progress is slow as I got a job last week which has taken up some free time. I have the frame complete and all the tanks installed. The battery box has been detailed and the engine is finally in, courtesy of some custom mounts. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What paint/color did you use for the Cummins engine ?

Thanks!