Model Cars Magazine Forum

How do I get the old format back

Guest Gramps-xrds

Roger, on Firefox, the refresh is called "Reload", & it's in the uppwe left corner of my browser, as a blue semi circle/arrow. At least I think that's the same as refresh, as I haven't found a refresh icon yet.

:unsure:

Alright, Im willing to try to conform, but what the heck does uppwe mean?? I do not understand french. I do understand wewe, but I already did that before I coame downstairs? By the way at this point, if I am misspelling myself, I do apologize because of this box being in my way, I can not see what I am typing, so I hope its ok! LOL. Now to figgure out what uppwe is? Jody

Okay, there are still some bugs here.

I tried Firefox on the Mac, and can't get but the default skins

Thanks, Mark!

Will have to see what's going on.

Could be a cache thing, I will check.

So, don't sweat too much on this.

Get back to building models!!!!!

Alright, Im willing to try to conform, but what the heck does uppwe mean?? I do not understand french. I do understand wewe, but I already did that before I coame downstairs? By the way at this point, if I am misspelling myself, I do apologize because of this box being in my way, I can not see what I am typing, so I hope its ok! LOL. Now to figgure out what uppwe is? Jody

Maybe 'uppwe' is a regional slang spelling of 'upper'. As in upper left :unsure:

Just got off the phone with Gregg, (ain't it great when the man behind the whole shebang posts his number so he can help?). It seems the skins didn't laod properly on Firefox, (or something to that effect), so he's going to look into it & get it corrected. I'm sure he'll post more detailed info on this than I know.

Thanks Gregg!! :D

B)

Isn't that great of him? Customer service on weekends.. :unsure:

Thanks, Mark!

Will have to see what's going on.

Could be a cache thing, I will check.

So, don't sweat too much on this.

Get back to building models!!!!!

I have to sweat it. Dang colors are killing my eyes and giving me a headache. :unsure:

On my Mac with Firefox I see the skins fine... even tried them all out. Strange that you're having problems... :unsure:

"Comfy" and "IP Duo" look cool! I like them... nicer colors than the default.

George,

Click on this link below and look on the right side of the page for the globe with the Firefox around it. Below that is a green box that says "Download Now - Free", select that and follow the directions. File size is 7.7mb. I don't think it took 20 seconds with 6meg DSL. Dialup will take longer though.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

I switched a couple hours ago after using IE all of my internet life and I like it. Works faster(with DSL anyway) and is not much different in appearance than IE. It has the "Tabs" that IE7 had. A couple buttons are moved around but easy to adjust to.

Edited by mountaindewd

Alright, I am trying the Firefox. Keeping fingers crossed. I do not like one of the things in the bar, is deeling with most visited, getting started latest headlines etc. But that's the browser, not this. I see it does have spell checker on it. That is a plus! also no more bar in the middle of the reply box and now there are avatars. So far, so good. Jody

Alright, I am trying the Firefox. Keeping fingers crossed. I do not like one of the things in the bar, is deeling with most visited, getting started latest headlines etc. But that's the browser, not this. I see it does have spell checker on it. That is a plus! also no more bar in the middle of the reply box and now there are avatars. So far, so good. Jody

See? Told ya!!! :unsure:

And if you don't like the little buttons across the top (Most visited, etc.) just ignore 'em!

Jody,

If you're used to having your "favorites" open on the side of the screen, you can go to the top of the browser window and select view/sidebar/bookmarks and that will open in place of "favorites". After that, select view/toolbars/bookmarks and that will get rid of the bar with all of those buttons you don't like.

I'm not impressed with this new one. The personal info is way to big and the colors all run together so you can't distinguish where the pined posts stop and the new ones start. I prefer the old one better.

Sorry Gregg.

I'm going to have to disagre with you on this Gramp's I kind of like it.

:angry: However, I don't like them! LOL . Also, when I started going to other places, it is asking me to download flash player and other adobe stuff, which I have had? Don't understand that? Jody

Because you just switched to a new browser. They don't necessarily have Flash, etc. built in. You had it installed on your old browser, so now you'll have to install stuff like that on your new browser. Just download and install that stuff as they come up. In a day or two you'll have your new browser configured... and you'll have smooth sailing from then on.

Remember though... you don't have to install a Flash player. But if you don't have one installed, any Flash content won't show up on your screen, and many sites these days use Flash... so best to go ahead and install the player; that way you'll see everything as it's supposed to look if you go to a site that uses Flash.

If you visit a website frequently, your web browser stores elements of the web page in a cache so that they do not have to be downloaded again each time you visit, making your browsing faster. These elements might include photographs, pages you have already viewed, or style sheets. In some cases, when the website is changed, you may not be able to view the changes because you are actually viewing the cache. There are two ways to solve this problem: a hard refresh, which bypasses the cache and loads the actual page as it is stored on the server, and clearing your cache, which is something you should do periodically anyway.

To refresh a website normally, you hit the “refresh” button, or the F5 key, or press the command key for your operating system, such as the Apple key or the Control key, and the letter R. To hard refresh, the command or control key is held down while clicking on the refresh button or pressing F5. Alternatively, the user can hold down the shift key, the command/control key, and the letter R. A hard refresh will bypass any cached files and display the web page as it currently appears on the server.