Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show me your Carburetors

CrazyGirl

not sure this is the place for such a post ,, but i sure would love to see your best 1/25 scale carb actualy i would like to see what you have done to detail a stock carb from the kit , AMT or Revell , not an aftermarket carb , well those too :lol:

Edited by CrazyGirl

Yeah, and I love the way you guys rise above being all petty about other magazines even existing, and such, because we all know how easy it would be to be all childish about it and treat it like cootees. /sarcasm

Grow up and let's see some killer carbs.

Yeah, and I love the way you guys rise above being all petty about other magazines even existing, and such, because we all know how easy it would be to be all childish about it and treat it like cootees. /sarcasm

Grow up and let's see some killer carbs.

Gluhead, I applaude you. I'm getting sick of all the pettiness that goes on this forum. What does it matter where we learn to build better models. Now get over yourselves and let's see those carbs.

The objective being to direct MCM forum members to the "other" magazine?

Again... thanks for the "help." :rolleyes:

Thankfully we don't run this forum the way that "other" magazine runs theirs.

Ok, I don't understand . Do you really think people have blinders on and don't think this ' other forum ' even exists ?

The way I look at it is if it helps answer the question and the answer isn't here . duh, Link to it.

If there is some kind of anomosity between the 2 forums , someone needs to get over it .

Maybe its' some unwritten rule or deep dark secret we don't talk about 'those other guys ' I am not aware of , if it is, grow up.

I sell Mopar parts for vintage muscle cars and on average I send a customer to my competition at least once a week becasue I either don't have or carry the requested part.

I feel better about it because I know the customer will get what he/she wants and maybe , just maybe, the next time said customer will call me 1st and/or that vender will send me a customer when they can't fill the order.

Edited by gtx6970

Okay, that's just an amazing flathead. Straying from the carbs for a second...Hypodermics for the looms? Back to the carbs...are those Norm's? They're stunning. Fuel bowl looks great, too. Love them all, but this and the Olds are killer.

1953FordVictoriaProject4010-vi.jpg

It's understandable to not want people to hotlink to competing magazines or forums, or even to type their names out, because it then becomes a matter for the almighty search engine to sort out and we all know what a fickle son of a barge that one can turn into (google took my customers WHERE?!). But to outright flog a well-spoken and informative poster for pointing out something completely in context and done respectfully? Come on...

Gee guys, I just thought Harry was being funny with the "thanks for the help" remark. It's the responses from the peanut gallery that tried to make it something other than good-natured kidding. In my humble opinion, naturally. I've never seen any "pettiness" on this forum regarding the other guys. I guess I'll just have to look harder for something to get all panty-wadded about.

By the way Mr. O...that 3X2bbl 409 is just plain over-the-top.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

please tell those Webers are larger than 1/25 scale. if not, well, that's a little "Obsessive"!

Joe those webers were handmade, and they are 1/25......actually "1/24" as the kit is that scale. ;)

The car that they're in is a 1955 Jaguar D-Type that I converted from Revell of Germany's Jaguar XK-SS. Thanks for the compliment!

Edited by MrObsessive