Model Cars Magazine Forum

Puddingwrestler's Crazy Taxi - now complete!

puddingwrestler

Well, ir's finished. I even cracked out the ol' photo booth to get pics.

There are plenty of thigns wrong - I forgot to attach various parts fro a start. There are holes in the bodywork were putty went wrong, the decals nearly drove me to tears, clear paint ran on the tail lights, and I could not get the engine bay to line up right. I find old AMT kits frustrating that way...

ANyway, I learned a lot about BMF (never foiled this much before) and decaling. It's certainly not the best thing I've built, but I've learned from it, which is the main thing.

Now for pics:

taxi_done1.JPG

taxi_done2.JPG

taxi_done3.JPG

taxi_done4.JPG

taxi_done5.JPG

I'm pretty happy with the paint, It took a very nice shine - it was really flat and dull right out of the can.

That's very nice! Good paintjob, very nicely done modifications and those tires/wheels are just pefect to this. That text on the door and a stripe are looking very good too! Good job, keep it going!

That's very nice! Good paintjob, very nicely done modifications and those tires/wheels are just pefect to this. That text on the door and a stripe are looking very good too! Good job, keep it going!

Did I mention the tyres don't fit? AMT seem to have supplied the wrong ones for the wheels, they're about 1mm too thick.

It's a bit more plain than I imagined, but it looks good in the photos. If you didn't mention the issues you had, I wouldn't have noticed any of them except the engine bay, and even that one isn't that bad. You're right, the paint looks great, too.