Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Nova 4 cylinder, 3 speed

Just in case anyone missed it, the engine I am basing this on is the 6 cylinder from Trumpeter's 63 Nova. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Edited by midnightprowler

The intake and exhaust manifolds have been cut, resized and reassembled. I hope to paint engine parts and start assembly next weekend. I only et a couple of hours on Saturdays for building, so progress will be slow. But this build is a primary one, so will be focusing on it.

Thanks Tom. Roadhawg said the same thing about casting it. If someone wants to send me a Trumpeter 6 cylinder, I will do the cutting and reassembly work, send you the parts in exchange for a copy or two of the castings.

I also had a friend in high school that had one. As others have said, it didn't have enough power to pull the hat off your head. We ended up putting a 400 small block in it. Since we used the stock tranny and 4 cylinder converter the thing had a stall speed of about 3000 rpm. Worked great until the converter ballooned. LOL