Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Olds Delta 88

Guest Mustang3.8

Guest Mustang3.8

This model must be a beast if it fits on a '70 Bonneville chassis. She's gonna look sweet layin' in the weeds on wire wheels. I also plan to scratch build some rear fender skirts to give the car an even more lowered look. B)

Well I can tell ya one thing, NOTHING from R&R is THAT well cast! Just lookin at the pics of it, I can tell ya firsthand, that Ray does NOT go thru the lengths that AAM went thru when it was originally cast. Even the pics show the quality of AAM's castings. R&R has some interesting off the wall kits, but to compare then to Modelhaus or AAM is a real stretch of the imagination. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW Ray Parsons personally, and while he may be a nice guy(sometimes) he DOES NOT have the contientousness of AAM or Modelhaus, and you DO have to see what your buying UP CLOSE an personal like, to make sure that A. you want it bad enough,and B.You can build it. I have his 53 Merc 2 Dr. and I don't think ANYONE can build it without cutting it up,and trying to get the parts in their proper locations, and reglueing it back together,BEFORE you ever START building it. Yeah, I know I blew my own rule there, but I WANTED it! :(:D

This model must be a beast if it fits on a '70 Bonneville chassis. She's gonna look sweet layin' in the weeds on wire wheels. I also plan to scratch build some rear fender skirts to give the car an even more lowered look. ;)
Hi Mustang 3.8 I tryed to reply to your e mail about the photos but it did not go through for some reason.My daughter has my digital camera on vacation and she does not get back till the end of next week sorry Rick. :lol:

Well I can tell ya one thing, NOTHING from R&R is THAT well cast! Just lookin at the pics of it, I can tell ya firsthand, that Ray does NOT go thru the lengths that AAM went thru when it was originally cast. Even the pics show the quality of AAM's castings. R&R has some interesting off the wall kits, but to compare then to Modelhaus or AAM is a real stretch of the imagination. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW Ray Parsons personally, and while he may be a nice guy(sometimes) he DOES NOT have the contientousness of AAM or Modelhaus, and you DO have to see what your buying UP CLOSE an personal like, to make sure that A. you want it bad enough,and B.You can build it. I have his 53 Merc 2 Dr. and I don't think ANYONE can build it without cutting it up,and trying to get the parts in their proper locations, and reglueing it back together,BEFORE you ever START building it. Yeah, I know I blew my own rule there, but I WANTED it! :);)

I also know Ray Parsons personally,and the man is the nicest person you would ever want to meet,and his cars are just as good as anyone elses,as far as AAM,well if your gonna take orders and money from people when you still was in business ,and not send the product out!,thats just wrong,only way I got MY 70 300 from Art was because it was a gift for my father,I understand he had or has health issues ,but I am still out over $100 from 10 years ago,atleast with R&R,BANDIT ,MODELHAUS,MISSING LINK and countless others out there you get your product!not ripped off!just my oppinion!

Edited by spkgibson

Well Spkgibson, you must know him ALOT longer than me! An that's ok too. He's even told me how he has alot of pain from his illnesses, and sometimes he's NOT the greatest conversationalist at the toyshows he attends.I'm only goin on what HE has told me. I've heard him tell folks, "if you don't like it, don't buy it, or go cast your own" I understand he's in pain, but rudeness is rudeness, an there's NO excuse for that. I'm not gonna get into a pi$$in match about it, but like I've always said, I'll tell it like it is, if the TRUTH hurts, well THAT's NOT my fault. Your problems with our Forum Brother should be kept between you and he. As far as I'm concerened R&R products ARE NOT up to par with the BETTER resin casters, of which you've mentioned,but they ARE buildable, and to that list, you can add Motor City Resincasters, Among one of THE BEST casters out there. But as I said, this is just MY opinion. :lol:

Well Spkgibson, you must know him ALOT longer than me! An that's ok too. He's even told me how he has alot of pain from his illnesses, and sometimes he's NOT the greatest conversationalist at the toyshows he attends.I'm only goin on what HE has told me. I've heard him tell folks, "if you don't like it, don't buy it, or go cast your own" I understand he's in pain, but rudeness is rudeness, an there's NO excuse for that. I'm not gonna get into a pi$$in match about it, but like I've always said, I'll tell it like it is, if the TRUTH hurts, well THAT's NOT my fault. Your problems with our Forum Brother should be kept between you and he. As far as I'm concerened R&R products ARE NOT up to par with the BETTER resin casters, of which you've mentioned,but they ARE buildable, and to that list, you can add Motor City Resincasters, Among one of THE BEST casters out there. But as I said, this is just MY opinion. :o
Well yes Ray is that ways at time,but you need to think about the time and money he puts into his products,and Motor City resin is also one of the best casters out there,BUT I have my oppinon on the other person and it will stand!If you woulda had that happen to you,you would feel the same way,thats a real sore spot for me!why offer product to order and you sent them the money ,and wait and wait,no products,atleast with the persons I deal with I ALWAYS get my products!And If I would not have sacrificed my 70 300,67 polara,and 71 delta 88,they would not be available right now,in production! Edited by spkgibson

Which is kinda stupid, if ya ask me, when Steve Kolher overt Star Models sells 'em for 53.00 + 8.00 shipping! :lol: He gets 'em straight from Ray, with the convenience of haveing him call you when they come in! Ya can't beat a deal like that. The only reason I make out on them is caz I buy them directly from Ray at the toyshows he attends twice a year here.He sells them for 40.00 bucks at the shows. Even if they do need extra clean-up, it's worth it to me, and their at a price I can live with. :)

Art's just bein humble,Steve. If you REALLY look at ANY R&R model they're not near as nice as AAM was. AAM's kits were finished INSIDE and OUT,Just like a model kit.Ray's stuff is NEVER that well done! You'll find pinholes an thin spots on the majority of the models I've bought from R&R. Also alot of clean up around the windows and wheel wells. I bought only 4 models from AAM but they were reasonably priced and VERY well done! Since I buy them to build, I don't fuss too much over these things, as I can clean them up and do what it takes to build them. BUT they don't go together like AAM's did. ALOT of trial fitting is usaually nessecary to get interior buckets to fit, Windows to lay properly, an various little things like that. AAM's didn't. I still buy R&R kits, I just got 2 of his 70 Buick GSX's earlier this year! They're the ONLY ones available in 25th scale. Recently I turned onto Motor City Resincasters and so far this year I've bought 3 of them. They are like night and day,as far as fit,finish,and casting quality are concered. Ray's got ALOT of kits, close to 100 I'd say, so maybe he's just too busy to do these things, but I'd never compare his castings to AAM's or Motor City's castings. I'd even go so far to say MCR are even more well done than the Modelhaus's kits! It'll be nice when they release other kits, so far they seem to be concentrating on Ford products, but I do beleive the quality will be there, regardless of the model. Just try 'em and you'll see what I mean! :lol::rolleyes:

thanks for the kind words george. im trying to break out of the blue oval, but theres so many cars to do there. funny thing is, i started out as a mopar fan. i mean back when you could actually buy a hemi car and not have to get it from barrett jackson. altho i did just finish a non ford. its almost a mopar. i'll post some pics later today.

thanks for the kind words george. im trying to break out of the blue oval, but theres so many cars to do there. funny thing is, i started out as a mopar fan. i mean back when you could actually buy a hemi car and not have to get it from barrett jackson. altho i did just finish a non ford. its almost a mopar. i'll post some pics later today.

For those that don't know, Jeff started out a MOPAR man