Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's another one of my many projects,I started with a monogram 55 ford pickup and then out came the saw and bondo! I chopped the top,moved the front wheel openings forward, channeled the body lower in between the fenders, sectioned the hood, scratchbuilt a custom front end, and now I am working on scratchbuilding a frame with working suspension. e2e36b7d.jpg95dd0bbd.jpg100_1760.jpg100_1760.jpg100_1760.jpgthanks for looking! Billy

Edited by BKcustoms

Sorry about the duplicate pics, no idea how that happened :blink: Well anyway, heres the pics that were supposed to be in place of the duplicates, the first is the wheels i am hoping to find for this build, and the second is just another mockup :P

e298a88d.jpg100_1762.jpg:blink:

Edited by BKcustoms

• 4 weeks later...

I am almost finished with the rear suspension, It's a fully functional 4-link made out of brass tubing and photo-etch brackets from dirtmodeler.com. All thats left is to make a set of coil overs and then I can move on to the front suspension which will also be functional.

Hers it is in the raised position.

100_1886.jpg

100_1890.jpg

And here it is fully lowered.

100_1887.jpg

Thanks for looking! all comments/suggestions welcome.....Billy

Edited by BKcustoms

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I have been hard at work on this one lately,

I decided to open the doors, and once they are hinged they will be suicide doors.

100_2050.jpg

I also made a wood bed out of some thin strips of balsa and "C" channel styrene.

100_2051.jpg

100_2052.jpg

Thanks for looking, next up will be functional front suspension!