Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari California

janositamas

Hi Gentlemen, I just finished my Revell California, painted with automotive paint similar to Azzurro California, interior is beige / black. I replaced the rims with Fujimi BBS 20"s, added some PE brake discs and metal transfers, carpet and seatbelts. Here come the pics, thanks for watching, c&c are welcome:

FerrariCalifornia031.jpg

FerrariCalifornia032.jpg

FerrariCalifornia033.jpg

FerrariCalifornia034.jpg

FerrariCalifornia040.jpg

very nice! from the side it has a very Corvette look to it i think. the front view i see some Maserati influence? who copied who :lol:

Dave

I agree at the nose there is a kinda flare, like the nose of a Maserati, but as for the Corvette look I don't really see it. I think it has the Maserati look all over it , except for the Ferrari taillights. ;)

Fantastic!

Yes, you've built the first one I've seen around. So glad you chose an off color instead of red. The wheels look perfect on there.

Did you have to do any lowering and modification to the wheels?

I am waiting for both kits here as well. I'm curious if Revell will re-box the hardtop for US consumption. I believe the spider is coming.

Anyway, Great work. I like it!!

Chris

I agree at the nose there is a kinda flare, like the nose of a Maserati, but as for the Corvette look I don't really see it. I think it has the Maserati look all over it , except for the Ferrari taillights. :rolleyes:

I agree, I see Maserati all over the California, which is understandable since Ferrari took over Maserati, but can't say that I see Corvette anywhere there.

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

As for the kit, I bought it locally, I live in Europe, so it is easier to get Revell Germany kits here earlier. Also the closed top version is available now, but I think I will wait for the Fujimi one for that! And for sure, that's gonna be Rosso Corsa!

As for the quality, the kit is better than most of Revell Germany Ferrari kits, much better. Fitment was perfect except from the interior part and the body, there's is a small gap between the 2 at the rear seats area on mine, but that's it. And still too many chrome parts that useless to be chrome as you will remove and repaint it, but never mind, not a bad kit!

Last year I've been to Maranello and I saw a California in Azzurro at the Factory yard, it was beautiful, that's why I chose this color for the body :-) As for the influences, it has some Maserati influence I agree, once I read somewhere originally this coupe-cabrio supposed to be a Maserati, but than it changed so Ferrari released this car as the name Ferrari sells more...

I think I will wait for the Fujimi one for that! And for sure, that's gonna be Rosso Corsa!

As for the quality, the kit is better than most of Revell Germany Ferrari kits, much better. Fitment was perfect except from the interior part and the body, there's is a small gap between the 2 at the rear seats area on mine, but that's it. And still too many chrome parts that useless to be chrome as you will remove and repaint it, but never mind, not a bad kit!

Last year I've been to Maranello and I saw a California in Azzurro at the Factory yard, it was beautiful, that's why I chose this color for the body :-) As for the influences, it has some Maserati influence I agree, once I read somewhere originally this coupe-cabrio supposed to be a Maserati, but than it changed so Ferrari released this car as the name Ferrari sells more...

Nice job on the model; the color/wheels really stand out. I'm not a fan of the California, but your model manages to look better than the real car. I'd prefer building the HT version. When I built my Superamerica I whittled down the front axle stubs a bit so the wheels would fit "loosely", allowing me to glue them a bit higher up in the wheel openings.

Fujimi has remained mum about doing a California. With Revell offering both variants (and Revell Ferraris, aside from the 360's, have all been quite good models), if I were Fujimi I'd be a lot more interested in beating Revell to market with the new 458 Italia & having it on sale this coming spring. That car completely exonerates Ferrari from my dislike of the California ;)

Fujimi has remained mum about doing a California. With Revell offering both variants (and Revell Ferraris, aside from the 360's, have all been quite good models), if I were Fujimi I'd be a lot more interested in beating Revell to market with the new 458 Italia & having it on sale this coming spring. That car completely exonerates Ferrari from my dislike of the California B)

The 458 Italia is a beautiful Ferrari and I would love to see it in model form (either Revell or Fujimi) :)

Fujimi has remained mum about doing a California. With Revell offering both variants (and Revell Ferraris, aside from the 360's, have all been quite good models), if I were Fujimi I'd be a lot more interested in beating Revell to market with the new 458 Italia & having it on sale this coming spring.

Thanks for the info, Zoom Zoom, I might get a closed top version of Revell than and impatiently wait for the 458 Italia of Fujimi :-)